Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cake smash for baby's birthday- who is the best?
1  2  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:32 am
My baby is turning one and I want to do a cake smash for his birthday. Looking for recommendation of great photographer. Please post name and number. I'm in Brooklyn. Thanks!

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:51 am
I don't have any recommendations, but I can't believe your baby is almost one! Time flies! I feel like you just posted about the birth!
Happy birthday and may you have much nachas... And beautiful cake smash pictures.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:54 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I don't have any recommendations, but I can't believe your baby is almost one! Time flies! I feel like you just posted about the birth!
Happy birthday and may you have much nachas... And beautiful cake smash pictures.

Amen! Thank you so much! I cant believe its almost a year either! Bh he is the light of my life and each day with him is a gift. I enjoy every minute with him, and time flies when you're having fun! Ill try to post a picture, ih.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 8:49 am
Dina Duchan. Dinaduchan.com. She is incredibly talented and sweet!

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:19 am
Rachel Renov in the 5T.
She may travel though.

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:26 am
What's a cake smash photo?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 10:04 am
http://I.imgur.com/VTlIgWm.jpg

Click on the link for a picture.

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 1:45 pm
Oh...

cheeseblintz

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 1:54 pm
Please don't engage in this celebration of baal tashchit. It is terrible to waste a cake for the sake of a photo.

pointyshoes

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 2:10 pm
cheeseblintz wrote:
Please don't engage in this celebration of baal tashchit. It is terrible to waste a cake for the sake of a photo.

Why is it a waste? Its cute and fun and you have great memories and adorable pictures! Her baby will never be 1 year old again...
(And besides the point, when I did this there was a pile of smashed cake and icing on a plate at the end of the day and dh and I snacked on it with spoons while we tidied up)

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 2:20 pm
pointyshoes wrote:
Why is it a waste? Its cute and fun and you have great memories and adorable pictures! Her baby will never be 1 year old again...
(And besides the point, when I did this there was a pile of smashed cake and icing on a plate at the end of the day and dh and I snacked on it with spoons while we tidied up)

Did you need to buy your own cake?

pointyshoes

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 2:25 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I made it. It took me almost an entire day so I'd strongly suggest that you buy one!

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 2:27 pm
pointyshoes wrote:
I made it. It took me almost an entire day so I'd strongly suggest that you buy one!

No worries there Wink

Which photographer did you use?

pointyshoes

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 2:32 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
No worries there Wink

Which photographer did you use?

Where do you live? We may very well not live in the same city

ETA: Just saw that you live in Brooklyn. Well, I'm not in NY so can't help you there sorry
But enjoy the party!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 2:37 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
My baby is turning one and I want to do a cake smash for his birthday. Looking for recommendation of great photographer. Please post name and number. I'm in Brooklyn. Thanks!

Can you put a cake in front of him and take a picture?

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 3:58 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I believe some photographers may provide the cake.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 4:08 pm
http://chanifriedmanphotography.com/#!/gallery

besty

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 4:19 pm
this is such a cute idea!!!! my baby will also be one end of the month and I actually have a photographer apt in September. I wonder if she does this.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 4:24 pm
Anon because I already posted about this anonymously a few days ago- we had a smallish cake surrounded by cupcakes. Baby chose one cupcake and did what she wanted with it. The rest got eaten (or will be eaten for Shabbos) by adults. I don't see the one cupcake as bal tashchis more than I see it as bal tashchis if I make homemade playdough out of otherwise edible ingredients. It's a fun sensory experience for toddlers.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 8:29 pm
If you have a decent camera you can do one on your own, if you're interested. I found instructions for how to build a backdrop stand online. My husband built it for me using PVC pipe. I ordered a backdrop sheet on Amazon, baked a cake on my own in a bundt can with Duncan Heinz mix, frosted it pink. I put it on my own nice cake stand. Found the most adorable pink dress secondhand and had the most wonderful photo shoot. Of course if You're not even remotely interested in photography then this might sound like torture instead of fun, but I had a blast.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics