Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Gift ideas for male teacher?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 10:58 am
I have no idea what's appropriate!

I have the most wonderful ulpan teacher, EVER. He has been so amazing, patient, and thoughtful with me. Not only that, but he lives near me, and has given me a ride home more often than not.

Ulpan is ending in a month or so, and I really need to do something special for him. He's very modest and humble. I don't want to get him anything that is "too much", or anything that might seem inappropriately assuming. (That didn't make much sense, but I hope you get the drift.)

I don't know much about his personal life, or his hobbies or interests. I know that he's married, has kids in the IDF, and that he's not religious. He rarely talks about himself at all, so I don't know what to do!

Bambamama

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 11:03 am
That's really sweet of you to want to show your appreciation. How much did you want to spend? A gift could range from a mug with candies in it to dinner for 2 at a nice restaurant.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 11:16 am
Bambamama wrote:
That's really sweet of you to want to show your appreciation. How much did you want to spend? A gift could range from a mug with candies in it to dinner for 2 at a nice restaurant.

I was actually thinking about a gift card to a coffee shop, or to a nice restaurant. Something in the 200 shekel range. (around $50)

Bambamama

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 12:20 pm
That sounds really thoughtful and nice. Another thought might be a gift card to a clothing store you could see him shopping at, but personally I like the cafe or restaurant idea more.

cm

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 12:52 pm
For someone I don't know well personally (including teachers and coworkers), a gift card for someplace where you can get "everything" is my go-to.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 4:23 am
Something for his wife. I wouldn't give a gift to a male, and I'm not quite Israeli charedi...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics