Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
STOP WITH THE BACK TO SCHOOL ADS!
1  2  3  Next

debsey

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 10:52 pm
Dear Internet
PLEASE stop putting back-to-school ads on my browser. The summer BARELY started. It's not even Bain HaZemanim yet, which means my summer hasn't started at all. I do NOT want to think about back-to-school. I don't want to think about shopping. I don't want to think about school supplies. I don't want to think about uniforms. I don't want to think about fall wardrobes.It is the SUMMER. Let's keep it that way!
That is all. Thank you.
Debsey

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 9:26 am
debsey wrote:
Dear Internet
PLEASE stop putting back-to-school ads on my browser. The summer BARELY started. It's not even Bain HaZemanim yet, which means my summer hasn't started at all. I do NOT want to think about back-to-school. I don't want to think about shopping. I don't want to think about school supplies. I don't want to think about uniforms. I don't want to think about fall wardrobes.It is the SUMMER. Let's keep it that way!
That is all. Thank you.
Debsey

Then it might not have been a good idea to write the bolded Wink . How about BTS LOL ?

Uh, oh!! I reinforced it Confused . For me, my kids are in school for another 5 months. We just had winter vacation.

MrsDash

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 9:33 am
One more week till school!

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 9:40 am
I totally agree debsey! All the fall clothing is in the shops, back packs are going on sale. Stop this madness! I never get to enjoy summer because the sales start in July!

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 9:51 am
Totally agree! I hate it! I always feel that we can't enjoy whatever is NOW. in today's society everybody wants to be ahead of the game , weather it's a season or yontf.

Can I enjoy life right now at this moment? no shopping, no school, no yntof. GIVE ME A BREAK!

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 10:10 am
I always had the same problem - till I realized school in cleveland starts in august Exploding anger

back in brooklyn - or the good ole days - we were given a list on the first day of school ... nowadays there is no break for the weary

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 10:18 am
na greeny. I much prefer it this way. I remember the lists on the first day of school, and the pressure to shop when THE WHOLE WORLD IS SHOPPING. I like lists in advance that I can tackle at my leisure. In fact, DD's school has a generic list that is the same from year to year, so I can shop whenever I want.

Jewishmom8

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 10:25 am
I LOVE the back to school ads.
I cant wait for all my kids to go back to school
I am going nuts here! There is no camp where I live for my girls.

Help

cm

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 10:29 am
It varies. For kids with a few weeks of day camp or a family vacation still to come, school still seems over the horizon.

But summer break for us is more than half over, and kids in some parts of the US will be in school soon, especially in the South.

I was in a teacher-supply store recently for something not school-related, and the place was packed with teachers getting ready to set up their classrooms.

sushi galore

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 10:33 am
I LOVE!!! the school season! Can't wait to get back in mode! Cheers Cheers

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 10:57 am
debsey wrote:
Dear Internet
That is all. Thank you.
Debsey

My kids start school in two weeks, along with the rest of California.

Not all frum Americans live in the Tri-State area.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 11:03 am
School starts in one month here. Its not too far off. I already have done a bit of shopping for supplies and clothes.

rikki 1

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 11:04 am
I agree about the yomtov clothing Rosh hashana is a full three weeks after Labor Day... can we do BTS and then worry about yomtov/fall clothing later...who has so much extra money laying around in the summer with so many expenses?

debsey

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:00 pm
amother wrote:

So you were lucky enough not to have your dreamy summer vacation ruined by reminders? Or did the megastores in your area start decorating with back-to-school stuff practically as soon as daycamp began?

debsey

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:00 pm
rikki f wrote:
I agree about the yomtov clothing Rosh hashana is a full three weeks after Labor Day... can we do BTS and then worry about yomtov/fall clothing later...who has so much extra money laying around in the summer with so many expenses?

I plan to.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:06 pm
B"H I have little boys who don't really care what they wear yet so when I see school items and yomtov items on a good price I buy. Target had a nice long sleeve colored shirts on sale early in the summer so I bought a few etc. I get too anxious trying to get everything done in the last week or two of summer when camp is off.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:07 pm
We have a family wedding the week the children go back to school so I'm trying to be super organized and stock up on school supplies now. B"H the schools got their act together this year and already sent out the lists. Now if only they didn't require such ridiculous items...

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:

School here in NY starts in a month. The summer is racing on by. When does it start in Lakewood?

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:16 pm
For those of you who wrote that you live in places where school starts in August, do they start advertising by you in June? When does the school year end?

debsey

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:
School here in NY starts in a month. The summer is racing on by. When does it start in Lakewood?

In a month.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics