Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
STOP WITH THE BACK TO SCHOOL ADS!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
School here in NY starts in a month. The summer is racing on by. When does it start in Lakewood?

September 7

saw50st8

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:32 pm
My friend's kids went back to school yesterday.

tryinghard

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:34 pm
You think this is bad? My local supermarket just started putting out their HALLOWEEN CANDY shock shock shock shock shock

The Happy Wife

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:40 pm
School starts in one month for us and I'd rather be ready without being rushed. Plus, expenses are a lot less for us in the summer. Camp is way cheaper than tuition for me so it's a great time for me to get stocked up on things we need. Wardrobe for fall and next summer even, school supplies.

Then again, I love planning ahead I general. And I am practically itching for summer to be over. But I can understand your frustration, Debsey. I feel like this when hearing about YT sales when I'm not ready to think about it yet.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 12:43 pm
Where do you live that your summer expenses are cheaper?

I pay more per month for daycamp than tuition. Plus expenses like a higher electric bill, decreased income, etc....and right when I'm reeling from those costs comes back to school (registration fees, book fees, new uniforms, school supplies) followed by Yom Tov! Winter clothes, cost of Yom Tov food, shul fees (for Yomim Noraim seats), etc....

I'd rather just live in the moment than think about all of this.....

mommyla

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 1:30 pm
And here I'm waiting and waiting for my son's school to send out the school supplies list already... before Target sells out of everything good like last year! I guess it's all relative.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 2:03 pm
Huh. I love shopping during the summer when stores are emptier and I like getting stuff done ahead of time.

Buying school supplies didn't make me enjoy my summer any less...

debsey

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 2:05 pm
The Happy Wife wrote:
School starts in one month for us and I'd rather be ready without being rushed. Plus, expenses are a lot less for us in the summer. Camp is way cheaper than tuition for me so it's a great time for me to get stocked up on things we need. Wardrobe for fall and next summer even, school supplies.

Then again, I love planning ahead I general. And I am practically itching for summer to be over. But I can understand your frustration, Debsey. I feel like this when hearing about YT sales when I'm not ready to think about it yet.

I just want a little time to enjoy the summer.......

MrsDash

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 2:55 pm
I'm relieved for the school year to start. No more summer means no more unbearable heat and humidity! I would rather deal with snow than unbreathable weather. Bring it on, I'm more than ready! Help

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 3:19 pm
I'm still conditioned from those dreadful school days that every time I see a Back to School ad, a wave of dread washes over me... And a feeling of impending doom... even though I graduated years ago!

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 3:37 pm
debsey wrote:
So you were lucky enough not to have your dreamy summer vacation ruined by reminders? Or did the megastores in your area start decorating with back-to-school stuff practically as soon as daycamp began?

Neither. I just don't begrudge stores for advertising their wares. I shop when I'm ready.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
My kids start school in two weeks, along with the rest of California.

Not all frum Americans live in the Tri-State area.

Huh? I live in LA and my girls schools are starting beginning of Sept. just like NY. I think the other schools around here too.
(my boys schools always starts R"Ch Elul, whenever that comes out, this year its beg. of Sept.)

Marion

Post Sat, Aug 06 2016, 1:58 pm
I'm just as happy to get my shopping done early, before everyone else wakes up from their vacation and it takes me 45 minutes just to stand in line...in/out under 10 minutes makes me a very happy shopper!

Teomima

Post Sat, Aug 06 2016, 6:25 pm
This year I did all the school shopping right at the start of the summer and it was the best idea ever. I'm completely unfazed by the ads because they don't apply to me (since my shopping is done), so they're easy to ignore. Plus I avoided all crowds.

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Aug 06 2016, 8:34 pm
School starts here September 1st. My kids dont need much except for uniforms and sport clothes and cloth shoes for sport. And of course my 2 older kids need a pencil case with everything in it. Im coming back from vacation last day of August so Ive got everything done already. Bags, uniforms, shoes. Still have to buy bread for the freezer and school food.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 9:20 am
MrsDash wrote:
I'm relieved for the school year to start. No more summer means no more unbearable heat and humidity! I would rather deal with snow than unbreathable weather. Bring it on, I'm more than ready! Help

I cannot understand this ... nor can I understand complaints of snow only to sit in a frigid air-conditioned room

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 9:23 am
the only fun I had was buying notebooks, paper, folders, crayons and other things for their crazy low sale prices of 10¢ each

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 10:15 am
greenfire wrote:
the only fun I had was buying notebooks, paper, folders, crayons and other things for their crazy low sale prices of 10¢ each

Please share links!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 5:28 pm
Schools don't all start after Labor Day. Plenty of kids go back in mid august.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 7:59 pm
We start school in a week in the midwest.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics