Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Switching from ykop to ybh passaic

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 2:27 pm
Hi,

My girls are going to be switching from yeshiva ktana to the Hillel and I was wondering if there are any parents here who have done the same switch. How are they different? I want to mentally prepare my girls before school starts and any information would really help.

Thank you!

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 2:50 pm
I know at least one family that switched, but the only girl is older.

FWIW: I have one going into 1st and one going into an early childhood class. They're in Summer Playland now, and while it seems to be mostly YBH, there are definitely YKP kids in my kids' bunks. If they do anything like gymnastics or whatever around town, they've run into kids from both schools. My kids are good friends with neighbors who go to YKP. The transition doesn't have to be dramatic, I don't think.

Most girls wear polo shirts rather than buttondowns, and there's a big variety of shoes, but it tends to be more laid back than YKP - most kids wear sneakers or other casual shoes rather than Venettinis or flats - and that goes for upper grades as well as lower.

Do you have any specific questions about the education or the culture that you're wondering about?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 2:59 pm
as far as education and culture-we did a lot of research before deciding to switch so we know about that. It's more like the everyday going on that I feel would help them. Like how does lunch go? Do they need to wear knee socks like in ykop?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 7:36 pm
What is the parent body like hashkafically? Where do the kids go for high school?

momtra

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 7:54 pm
The parent body hashkafah varies, but throughout , the common theme is sincerety, acceptance of others and a general Simcha’s hachayim.

The kids go to high school all over. BH, the girls from YBH have a reputation that precedes them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics