Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Things to eat to get over stomach flu

Beingreal

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 2:32 pm
I'm pregnant and I have the stomach flu....what can I eat?

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 3:40 pm
Hug

That's not a fun combination.

Most importantly, you should make sure to stay hydrated. Drink water, tea, Powerade, or whatever you can keep down. Broth or ices help too.

If you feel up to eating then stick to the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. Ask a shaila if you can have chicken soup once you can keep food down.

Refuah shelaima!

Beingreal

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 3:52 pm
It's not...I was in the hospital this morning.....what is a quick and easy soup to cook for my stomach? Thanks!

SingALong

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 5:40 pm
I had the stomach flu this winter, I didn't eat anything while sick, just drank tea and vitamin water/Powerade for 2-3 days straight. When the fever was gone and I was able to get up and move around, I did the brat diet, as mentioned above. I did that for 2 days. Then I was able to eat crackers, toast, and slowly add fruits and veggies little by little. I don't think I touched chicken or eggs or dairy for at least a week. Don't think I tolerated soup for awhile either. I preferred raw foods, not cooked.

tichellady

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 5:43 pm
No soup except for pareve chicken consommé in water. Coconut water or Gatorade and white rice. Feel better

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 6:26 pm
Don't eat... Just sip Powerade/Gatorade/pedialite every few minutes until you stop vomiting and then do the BRAT (bananas, rice, apples, toast) diet until you feel like you can handle other foods. Make sure to drink something with electrolytes when you're feeling better too to stay hydrated.

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 7:26 pm
What about bpvegetable broth if yu don't want chicken broth. You can make from whatever veggies are handy and then add what you can eat. You could even mak an egg drop soup from it.

cbg

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 7:50 pm
You should ask your LOR, about having chicken soup.
My Rav allows pregnant ladies that are having an issue to eat chicken.

That being said, the only thing that helps me stop throwing up be it pregnancy or flu, is extremely icy water. Super cold.
I sip this 1 tbsp at a time, very very slowly, until I'm able to swallow a whole gulp, I continue very very slowly until I finish the glass, it could take 1 hr, maybe longer. Then I switch over to ginger tea, not too hot. After I find that I can tolerate some toast. If I feel nausea I go back to the water. I heard it has to do with stopping the gallbladder from dumping more bile into the stomach, don't know if this is true.
I hope you feel better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals