Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Long lasting lipstick

queenert

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 7:47 am
Don't care if it's actually long wear...I don't need it to last overnight, I just don't want to keep applying every 5 min.
Definitely don't want something that dries you out. Budget friendly is nice too, but not crucial if it's worth it.
TIA

dats me

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 10:41 am
I like the rich lip color line from Bobbi brown, it's not dry at all and stays put.

myself

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 11:34 am
Maybelline 24hr or Max Factor Lipfinity.

I've found that long lasting lip color are the only ones that don't rub off onto everything that comes into the proximity of your lips. If anyone knows of not-so-long-lasting options I would love to hear about them too.

gande

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 11:50 am
Revlon color stay overtime and Maybe line 24 hour color stay are both great.

willymom

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:44 pm
The loreal infallible le rouge is the only long-lasting lippie that I tried that didn't dry out my lips..it is in a regular lipstick form..not the liquid that drys down and peels off as the day goes on..not a big selection of colors so I got 3 colors and I mix them for my own custom shades. And its affordable

Last edited by willymom on Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

willymom

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:45 pm
gande wrote:
Revlon color stay overtime and Maybe line 24 hour color stay are both great.
those were very drying on me personally. .shabbos morning it was a flaky mess

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 1:02 pm
For very budget friendly, try wet n wild megalast lipstick. It's about $1.50 with drugstore sales but requires lip liner because the color feathers at the edges.

On the other end of the price spectrum, I like Kat Von d everlasting liquid lipstick.

isrmss91

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 2:00 pm
Rimmel Provocalips is you friend here. I have the color Make your Mauve" very pretty. It is the type you apply with a an applicator on one side a let dry and then apply Lock and shine. Loveee it!! Not too much in the color range though, the Mauve I have is the nicest and not the Brightest. I don't do reds or bright pinks, (or anything bright)

miri36

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 3:09 pm
Super stay 24 color by maybeline stays on.

Elizabeth W

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 3:09 pm
I use CoverGirl Double Outlast & the lip moisturizer stick that it comes with & I love it!

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 8:09 pm
myself wrote:
Maybelline 24hr or Max Factor Lipfinity.

I've found that long lasting lip color are the only ones that don't rub off onto everything that comes into the proximity of your lips. If anyone knows of not-so-long-lasting options I would love to hear about them too.

I also use lipfinity (have to order online the last few yrs since stores in the USA stopped carrying this) but I also use lipchik (lip sealer) on top and it stays for more than 24 hours. You need to use the moisturizer that it comes with on top (of the sealer) or it will be to dry and peel.

dina22

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 11:42 pm
Rimmel London works great for me- no flaking, which I had with the maybelline one

imaima

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 11:53 pm
All the types with double ended sticks - Rimmel, Mac - are good. Where you apply color, waot for it to dry and seal with the transparent gloss.

blossoming

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 2:38 am
imaima wrote:
All the types with double ended sticks - Rimmel, Mac - are good. Where you apply color, waot for it to dry and seal with the transparent gloss.

I actually heard and experianced on myself that the gloss causes it to more easily come off, and should be skipped.

I vote for Revlon color stay overtime. Apply 2 - 3 layers in the morning and you'll never have to carry lipstick in your bag again.

myself

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 3:04 am
lkwdlady wrote:
I also use lipfinity (have to order online the last few yrs since stores in the USA stopped carrying this) but I also use lipchik (lip sealer) on top and it stays for more than 24 hours. You need to use the moisturizer that it comes with on top (of the sealer) or it will be to dry and peel.

Hey, thanks for that! Does it leave a smooth look all the time or does it come off in pieces?
I actually changed to Maybelline as the Lipfinity was too drying, and as another poster said, wiped off more easily when I used the gloss.
I can't get hold of the lipchik where I live. Would any sealer work?

thatsme

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 4:12 pm
Careline works well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars