Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Camp Raninu is making a wedding
1  2  Next

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 10:13 pm
https://view.flipdocs.com/?ID=10002477_675109
page 40

Would you have wanted your wedding in camp? Or make your childs wedding there?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 10:21 pm
wow that is so interesting! I went to Raninu for 9 years and really had a nice experience, but I would never want to get married there! I guess the only time I would think it would make sense would be if it was two staff member's children and the chosson and kalla both felt emotionally attached. I would feel really weird with all these little kids who I didn't know around...then again, that's going to be some laibidig dancing!

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 10:23 pm
What a beautiful idea.

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 6:04 pm
the problem I see here is that the chosson & kallah might feel like a chessed neb rather than a simcha

although I actually know people who have rented out empty camp grounds in the spring or fall for a destination wedding ... camping style [of course there were no kids or unwanted people as camp was not in session]

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 6:46 pm
greenfire wrote:
the problem I see here is that the chosson & kallah might feel like a chessed neb rather than a simcha

although I actually know people who have rented out empty camp grounds in the spring or fall for a destination wedding ... camping style [of course there were no kids or unwanted people as camp was not in session]

Obviously the people who agreed to get married in a camp, do need a Chesed. Such is life. May they only be givers from now on.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 6:49 pm
I agree with greenie. Hard to see how this wouldn't make the couple feel like charity cases. However, if the couple were longtime campers or staffers and had a deep meaningful relationship with the camp, maybe met at camp, made many of their friends there, that would be different. In my early years I attended a camp that was not stam a camp for profit but was an integral part of a year-round movement that meant a lot to me. Had I met my dh through the movement, I could absolutely see getting married in camp and having everyone there participate. Especially since my parents were also members of the movement and so were many of their friends.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:08 pm
Mazel tov! May they be zoche to build a bayis neeman b'Yisrael, and may the simcha be totally b'simcha!

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 11:15 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Obviously the people who agreed to get married in a camp, do need a Chesed. Such is life. May they only be givers from now on.

Nothing obvious about it! A couple could be out of the box and just like the idea of the camp making the wedding.

Maybe they just don't care to do the planning because its the marriage that counts, not the wedding itself.

Maybe the location is really convenient for them. Maybe they like the idea of letting the campers have fun planning their wedding.

They may not want the stress involved in planning a wedding-and all they have to do is show up.

And maybe Raninu is making sure that the couple know how much the camp is enjoying all the planning and work they are doing to make the wedding great. That the couple is doing THEM a chessed by letting them have a great trip planning the wedding.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:08 pm
amother wrote:
Nothing obvious about it! A couple could be out of the box and just like the idea of the camp making the wedding.

Maybe they just don't care to do the planning because its the marriage that counts, not the wedding itself.

Maybe the location is really convenient for them. Maybe they like the idea of letting the campers have fun planning their wedding.

They may not want the stress involved in planning a wedding-and all they have to do is show up.

And maybe Raninu is making sure that the couple know how much the camp is enjoying all the planning and work they are doing to make the wedding great. That the couple is doing THEM a chessed by letting them have a great trip planning the wedding.

Well in that case, they don't care what anybody thinks of them so they definitely won't feel like nebachs.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:27 am
The Raninu wedding happened! And it was a member of imamother who got married there and she seemed really happy, so Mazel Tov shout out to her and her Chosson!
Definitely not for most couples but it was truly amazing to see the excitement and so many girls dancing to be msameach the kallah. The floor literally shook!
Overall, the girls and staff did a beautiful job.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:44 am
Thanks for the update! Wow!!!!
And you know what impresses me? I bet none of the girls had simcha dresses with them. Sure, they probably have nice Shabbos clothes, and wore them, but did they enjoy the simcha any less? I think not Wink

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:10 am
I LOVE the idea of a camp wedding.
There are lots of people that feel passionate about their camp. My niece has been going to her camp as a young girl and still goes every summer as staff, she is the perfect person who would get married at her camp- its a huge part of her life.

Not for me.

I went to overnight camp one summer.

I hated it.

They tell you what to do every moment of your day- when to eat, sleep shower swim.

UGH!

And so...

I became a teacher LOL!!

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
The Raninu wedding happened! And it was a member of imamother who got married there and she seemed really happy, so Mazel Tov shout out to her and her Chosson!

um ~ was this a second time around wedding ... might look at it differently

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:35 am
Yes it was second time around .I know who she is and I don't think they would have gotten married there if it was a first time marriage .

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:
Definitely not for most couples but it was truly amazing to see the excitement and so many girls dancing to be msameach the kallah. The floor literally shook!
I do hope if Raninu does it again they learn how to make it fully a wedding, And not make parts of it feel like Night Activity. But overall, the girls and staff did a beautiful job.

You beat me to it!!! I knew she was getting married, but not when or where until her sister posted pictures. Mazal tov!!! I'm so happy for you!!! B'shaa tova to all!!

kenz

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 7:17 pm
amother wrote:
You beat me to it!!! I knew she was getting married, but not when or where until her sister posted pictures. Mazal tov!!! I'm so happy for you!!! B'shaa tova to all!!

Can you share where? Would love to see; must have been beautiful!

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 11:18 am
kenz wrote:
Can you share where? Would love to see; must have been beautiful!

My friend, her sister, posted them on facebook. Also on our family whatsapp group, my niece posted some. She went the first half and when a friend from camp sent the pictures to her, she noticed our cousin Smile . We, the kallah and I, share a first cousin, her the wife, me the husband. It's not my place to post them, sorry.

debsey

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 12:57 pm
Why are we second-guessing someone else's choices? It's not like this is a matter of halacha or hashkafah! Obviously, this is what the couple wanted, and obviously, this is what they preferred. Who are we to judge at all? Our only role is to rejoice in the building of a new Jewish home and to wish the happy couple Mazal Tov.

Which is what I'll do now. Mazal Tov. May they be zoche to build a bayis ne'eman biyisroel and raise many happy campers!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 1:03 pm
what picture was in the OP? There is nothing there but a magazine, with 96 pages to flip through.

sequoia

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:31 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
what picture was in the OP? There is nothing there but a magazine, with 96 pages to flip through.

Flip to p.40.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics