Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Lady has first child at 60
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 3:04 pm
grace413 wrote:
Probably donor eggs.
No, I get what treatment it was, Im just wondering why it never worked before now.

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 3:58 pm
I had a great grandfather who got remarried at the age of 73 to a young woman aprox 20.. He had with her 8 children, having the last one at the age of 90. He lived to the age of 93, a few days after the upsherin of his youngest son. He was a reknowned tzaddik and when his 1st wife passed away, my grandmother wanted to marry such a tzaddik. Interestingly enough, her father was a wealthy man, and she could've married a young budding talmid chacham but she sacrificed everything to have the zchus. Just shows us the mindset of the shtetl yidden of yesteryear.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:18 pm
Carmen Luna wrote:
I had a great grandfather who got remarried at the age of 73 to a young woman aprox 20.. He had with her 8 children, having the last one at the age of 90. He lived to the age of 93, a few days after the upsherin of his youngest son. He was a reknowned tzaddik and when his 1st wife passed away, my grandmother wanted to marry such a tzaddik. Interestingly enough, her father was a wealthy man, and she could've married a young budding talmid chacham but she sacrificed everything to have the zchus. Just shows us the mindset of the shtetl yidden of yesteryear.
what does this have to do with this thread?

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:28 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
what does this have to do with this thread?

Geeee... lemme see. Oh, I KNOW! We're discussing a story of a person having a baby in late age so it came to my mind? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Besides, what made my post get your hair in a frizzle? look around at other threads, how they all get derailed to the most random topics.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:35 pm
Carmen Luna wrote:
Geeee... lemme see. Oh, I KNOW! We're discussing a story of a person having a baby in late age so it came to my mind? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Besides, what made my post get your hair in a frizzle? look around at other threads, how they all get derailed to the most random topics.
Im not sure why you got so defensive. I was merely asking.
And a man fathering a child at 73 is very different than a lady carrying a baby at 60. Thats why I couldnt figure it out. Thats all. My hair isnt in any frizzle.

tichellady

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:36 pm
I am so happy for this lady. that is all.

If you don't think it's right to have a child at that age, then don't.

nywife

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:37 pm
Carmen Luna wrote:

I don't think her hairs in a frizzle-- it's far extension from the original topic. It's a nice anecdote though Smile

sourstix

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:37 pm
Carmen your story is very interesting. Was he not married anytime before 73?
Sorry just saw the word remarried

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:40 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im not sure why you got so defensive. I was merely asking.
And a man fathering a child at 73 is very different than a lady carrying a baby at 60. Thats why I couldnt figure it out. Thats all. My hair isnt in any frizzle.

Actually what got MY hair in a frizzle from your post is that Imamother is supposed to be an outlet for us women. Instead I find alot of times women nitpick on every little word. There was a post not long ago "what school did you go to", there was one amother that had nothing more constructive to say then "whats the point of this thread" Like, seriously girl. CHILL!
Then there was this post "Why dont parents watch their kids" it was about this dad that didnt buckle in his kids.. All of a sudden it became a discussion if one needs to consult with Daas Torah or not and your response was "And this here is exactly why not everyone asks rabbanim everything.
Just because a rav said something does not mean he cant be wrong. Rabbanim are NOT G-d. They are infallible human beings"
Talk about derailing..

cbg

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 5:40 pm
9 days ladies please don't argue

mirror

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 5:45 pm
Quote:
In addition, a malignant tumor was found in the womb of the mother, which the doctors successfully removed.

Tumors are highly contagious. It's quite possible that the cancer spread to other parts of the body already.

sushilover

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 6:47 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Didn't read the article but whenever I hear these stories I think of how selfish it is to have a baby at that age. She's basically okay with the fact that her child will probably be an orphan at a very young age and will be raised by someone else.

I get the opposing arguments: that some people are desperate, they have good intentions, life is always a precious thing, there are no guarantees any of us will live to see tomorrow, having kids is always selfish, etc.

But I still think having a baby at 60 is wrong.

I hear you.
But is that true for every situation where the child will have a difficult life? I have a paraplegic quadriplegic neighbor whose husband is severely disabled as well. Was she selfish to have children ?

Last edited by sushilover on Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Tzedek Tirdof

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 8:14 pm
miami85 wrote:
It's wonderful for the mother. However, as the product of a pregnancy of an "older" woman, I feel bad for the child.

Please can you elaborate on what it was like for you? How old was your mother when she gave birth to you? I'd like to understand more. Thanks.

Skippy!!

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 8:58 pm
sushilover wrote:
I hear you.
But is that true for every situation where the child will have a difficult life? I have a paraplegic neighbor whose husband is severely disabled as well. Was she selfish to have children ?

Yes, in my opinion.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:00 pm
wrote:
Quote:
In addition, a malignant tumor was found in the womb of the mother, which the doctors successfully removed.

Tumors are highly contagious. It's quite possible that the cancer spread to other parts of the body already.

Chas v'shalom! Let's hope not. May I suggest that no one pass by that post and this without saying a perek of tehillim or brief tefilla, in any language.

BrachaBatya

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:05 pm
I'm sorry but I think it's ridiculous to have a baby at age 60. Not fair to the kid.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:51 pm
Everyone yearns to have a baby. Some never give up. How can I blame her? I do hope the mom will live until 120 and have strength to raise this baby.

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:08 pm
BrachaBatya wrote:
I'm sorry but I think it's ridiculous to have a baby at age 60. Not fair to the kid.

Says the woman with a house full of kids.....

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:30 am
sushilover wrote:
I hear you.
But is that true for every situation where the child will have a difficult life? I have a paraplegic neighbor whose husband is severely disabled as well. Was she selfish to have children ?

Hopefully there is a plan in place to take care of the kids. If not, then yes it would be selfish.

sushilover

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:43 am
Chayalle wrote:
Hopefully there is a plan in place to take care of the kids. If not, then yes it would be selfish.

She has full time help, but I'm sure the 60 year old would get help if and when she needs it too.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics