Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Disabled Amother!!
1  2  Next

Admin

Post Thu, Jul 14 2005, 10:45 pm
The amother feature has been disabled temporarily due to an unusual amount of strange posts. if you have a legitimate question you can send the question to me, mod2 or sarahd and they will post it for you under amother.
Yael

Last edited by Admin on Fri, Nov 11 2005, 2:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

technic

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 3:14 am
mazal tov on ur daughter Very Happy ....dont blame u re amother, it was getting WEIRDDDDDDD...I used 2 go into a jewish chatroom and we always noticed that when school was out, all the crazies were out 2 - think it could be linked? - maybe someone is logging in under mommys sn Wink ...shabbat shalom!

RedVines

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 9:52 am
Thank you, It was getting slightly unbelievable and annoying.

Mazel Tov again!! Good Shabbos!

lucy

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 1:54 pm
It's a shame that people abused this, bc when you would have things that were of a private nature it was the best thing to use to basically keep your privacy and that of your husband/families.

But nonetheless I totally understand why you did it, some of the posts were getting to be absolutely ridiculous!

hisorerus

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 2:02 pm
Can't you just block the IP addresses used for the strange posts?

Or allow trusted logins the opportunity to check a box to "make this post anonymous"?

Tefila

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 2:39 pm
Quote:
Or allow trusted logins the opportunity to check a box to "make this post anonymous"?
Idea

chanab

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 2:41 pm
Yael, it would not surprise me at all if other ppl were "peeking" in on imamother I.e. husbands and/or sons & daughters.
I don't think that imamother should have the "log me on automatically" (or whatever the wording is, I'm not sure) feature. I think that one should have to log in with a password EACH time one enters. Just my 2 cents.

roza

Post Fri, Jul 15 2005, 2:48 pm
hisorerus wrote:
Can't you just block the IP addresses used for the strange posts?

I second that. block them. also, some mods should have an ability to see the IP addresses of the posters, it will make their moderating job easier.
mazal tov and gut shabes.

Rochel Leah

Post Sat, Jul 16 2005, 11:32 pm
I would feel funny sending my private message been sent through someone else.

maybe everyone should be allowed to sign up again with a second username and use that name as their annoymous username . if someone is abusing that feature and writing cracy things then that name could be blocked. but then it is easier to match ip address with this way.

daisy

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 12:31 am
chanab wrote:
Yael, it would not surprise me at all if other ppl were "peeking" in on imamother I.e. husbands and/or sons & daughters.
I don't think that imamother should have the "log me on automatically" (or whatever the wording is, I'm not sure) feature. I think that one should have to log in with a password EACH time one enters. Just my 2 cents.

One time I logged onto imamother while on my husband's account and "surprise" my automatic login was on and I had to do nothing to read all the private posts. This means that anyone using the same computer as someone with an active account (co-worker, child, etc) could just go to the imamother website from their own account and access whatever they wanted. Just thought I would point that out.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 4:10 am
Quote:
maybe everyone should be allowed to sign up again with a second username and use that name as their annoymous username

Rochel leah my suggestion too, great minds think alike Wink

Mommy912

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 2:01 pm
Maybe the amother password should not be posted but instead emailed automatically to 'Active Posters' and above - those with more than 50 posts who are known to be real users of the site, not ppl who may have just joined and are looking to use this site to play games. Disabling the automatic login is also a great idea. It is a shame that this had to happen -the amother feature was really super.
If you want to let a second username we could all take ones like anon1, anon2, anon3 etc...

roza

Post Sun, Jul 17 2005, 2:11 pm
Mommy912 wrote:
Maybe the amother password should not be posted but instead emailed automatically to 'Active Posters' and above - those with more than 50 posts who are known to be real users of the site.

I like that, it will give time to women to read the forum and find similar problems, help others by posting more and only then jump in with their problems. it should be a privilege.

3Qts

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 1:13 pm
OOOPS such a pity..I just signed up and really enjoyed this site! Are all the posts coming from one person?

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 2:09 pm
roza I thought you were this newly married woman.

at first I thought my cousin was on this site cause you look just like her 8)

1stimer

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 2:25 pm
Shame, I can't imagine that many ppl will use the alternative suggested ^. Shame that a good thing had to be abused.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 3:11 pm
Roza cool sunglasses and all Thumbs Up

queen

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 3:17 pm
I'd vote faster for us each to have our own anonymous name, than only allowing frequent posters to use amother.

Just bec. someones posting numbers arn't that high doesn't mean they have not been perusing this site for a while, and benefiting from its contents. All that is needed, is the ability for admin to track unusual postings.

roza

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 3:33 pm
sunglasses are supposed to hide my identity Wink
thanks for compliment : )

supermom

Post Mon, Jul 18 2005, 3:35 pm
anytime 8)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics