Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you know any Rabbis that have Ruach HaKodesh?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

rimon613

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:24 pm
Do you know how I can contact them?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:26 pm
There is no such thing these days.

creditcards

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:42 pm

Last edited by creditcards on Sun, Sep 10 2017, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:48 pm
What is the connection between him and the people arrested for child abuse?

Not accusing just asking. Trying not to make assumptions.

crystal

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:52 pm
There's no such thing these days.

That's not to say there aren't ehrliche people many levels above most, these people can give brachos that are more powerful than laymen. But ruach hakodesh was taken away from us a long time ago. (Mekubalim etc can sometimes tell you stuff but it's not exactly ruach hakodesh).

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:59 pm
creditcards wrote:
There sure is!
The Belzer Rebbe in Israel has Ruach Hakodesh.
He answers every fax sent to him. It can take a while until you get a reply though.

My rav answers every shailah sent his way, often within minutes, thanks to his having a smartphone. I would say that makes him tech-savvy and responsive, but I hardly think that's proof of his having ruach hakodesh.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:01 pm
following this

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:03 pm
It doesn't exist.

sourstix

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:11 pm
it doesnt exist todays age. I think there are seforim that tell us there is no such thing today. and no the story with belz from tel aviv story has got nothing to do with the belzer rebbe. he has no connection with that yeshiva. it was there years ago from the previous belzer rebbe. and there are a handful of belzers in tel aviv. and this yeshiva has nothing with the rebbe. now the belzer rebbe is a smart man. I dont think he has ruach hakodesh. thats all I have to say. please it sounds comical to me.

creditcards

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:14 pm
its not proof at all. OP asked how to contact the Rebbe, this is the best way to contact. through fax.

I wasn't trying to prove anything, as I have no interest in anyone believing me. I was just trying to help.

zaq wrote:
My rav answers every shailah sent his way, often within minutes, thanks to his having a smartphone. I would say that makes him tech-savvy and responsive, but I hardly think that's proof of his having ruach hakodesh.

Last edited by creditcards on Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:17 pm
I feel bad saying this, but I was desperately searching for something like this a few years ago... someone with a loftier power that could make the craziness in my world make sense... A rescuer, a savior from the chaos in my life...

I've come to realize that the most potent ruach hakodesh I can access is in me. What I mean by that is, I can tap into my G-dly spark, my soul connected to G-d, speak to Him, cry to Him, ask Him how to make sense of the insanity in my life - and basically, realize that it's between me and G-d. That if I can tap into the power I have and channel it, instead of spending my energy chasing a savior I have yet to find - I can rescue myself.

creditcards

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:20 pm
Davenning and connecting to Hashem has a tremendous power and makes you feel better, you should feel very good about yourself!

amother wrote:
I feel bad saying this, but I was desperately searching for something like this a few years ago... someone with a loftier power that could make the craziness in my world make sense... A rescuer, a savior from the chaos in my life...

I've come to realize that the most potent ruach hakodesh I can access is in me. What I mean by that is, I can tap into my G-dly spark, my soul connected to G-d, speak to Him, cry to Him, ask Him how to make sense of the insanity in my life - and basically, realize that it's between me and G-d. That if I can tap into the power I have and channel it, instead of spending my energy chasing a savior I have yet to find - I can rescue myself.

creditcards

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:31 pm
The Rebbe would never admit that he has Ruach Hakodesh but people know it from stories that happened and answers that he gave people without them saying the full picture....

creditcards wrote:
its not proof at all. OP asked how to contact the Rebbe, this is the best way to contact. through fax.

I wasn't trying to prove anything, as I have no interest in anyone believing me. I was just trying to help.

pointyshoes

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:08 pm
I'd like to win the lottery so I'm following thia

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:09 pm
creditcards wrote:
The Rebbe would never admit that he has Ruach Hakodesh but people know it from stories that happened and answers that he gave people without them saying the full picture....

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but your rebbe doesn't have ruach hakodesh. It simply doesn't exist. How could he have something that isn't? That's like me saying I own a pet unicorn.

rydys

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:15 pm
I think people are confusing Nevuah and Ruach Hakodesh. We no longer have nevuah, but there is certainly Ruach Hakodesh. Every parent has this when choosing a name for their child. Rabonim receive a level of Ruach Hakodesh when paskening shailos. There are certain Gedolim as well who have Ruach Hakodesh today and are able to guide us in our lives.

Ruach Hakodesh does not mean that the person can tell you why certain things are happening or predict the future. It means that their answer is guided more directly by Hashem. In some circumstances, in retrospect we can see how their guidance fits in with our situation and they seem to have "predicted" what would happen. However, they do not have Nevuah and are not a magical fix for whatever ails us.

The more holy a person is the closer they are to Hashem and the more He directs what they say. That is why we go to these people for guidance as Hashem is directing them more strongly and they have the ability to help others.

In Chassidus we connect to a Rebbe for this reason. The Rebbe is on a much higher spiritual level and has a stronger connection to Hashem. When we connect with that Rebbe (and each person has a different source of his neshama and has to find the right Rebbe to connect to), the Rebbe is able to guide the person in his life and help him reach a higher level as well because of he Rebbe's closer connection to Hashem.

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:16 pm
creditcards wrote:
There sure is!
The Belzer Rebbe in Israel has Ruach Hakodesh.
He answers every fax sent to him. It can take a while until you get a reply though.

Im chassidish and have even been labeled old fashioned on this site (so you would think I believe that every Rebbe has Ruach Hakodesh) but your post doesnt make sense. Being a leader to his Chassidim and answering their questions is a far cry from RH! Besides, stam saying on every Admor that he has RH, belittles all the Tzaddikim that actually DID have RH. Don't get me wrong, I believe in Tzaddikim and pity those who like to snub todays Gedolim as fakers and gold diggers.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:29 pm
We personally have gone to the kaalover rebbe of Williamsburg and he knew things he shouldn't have been able to. We have followed his advice and clearly seen divine intervention. And he doesn't ask for money. It is harder now that he is sick.

freedomseek

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:38 pm
Maya wrote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but your rebbe doesn't have ruach hakodesh. It simply doesn't exist. How could he have something that isn't? That's like me saying I own a pet unicorn.

Ruach hakodesh simply means when a person is so in touch with his own g-dliness that he can perceive things on a higher spiritual realm. That definitely existed by our tzaddikim of the past.
Not the silly stories that I assume turn you off. There were some real people in our past and they weren't the people we know of today.

creditcards

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 11:47 pm
I'm not sure if every chassidish Rebbe has Ruach Hakodesh, but there is a lot of evidence from first hand stories that happened to some of his chasidim that the Belzer Rebbe has ruach hakodesh. (someone once got an answer to an question to something entirely different than what he asked. according to some details no one in the world new besides for the person himself and his mother that has already passed away...there are many stories that people shared that makes people believe he has ruach hakodesh)
I believe he has ruach hakodesh and many of his chasidim believe that too. Thats why so many people trust the Rebbe with such big life changing desicions.
1) I once asked a shalleh, before the shalleh came back some details changed and I figured I have to ask it again and add some details. When the answer came back it was a type of answer that also answered the details that I had wanted to add. I personally felt that it was ruach hakodesh.

2) My husband asked if we should give a certain name to my daughter. I really didn't want that name. The answer came back to give that name if your wife agrees. other wise to give a different name. Me and my husband were very shocked. How did the Rav know I didn't want the name. It was not a typical answer from the Rebbe. I ended up agreeing and we gave that name.
These are just simple personal stories. but there are other bigger popular stories going around that happened to other people that support this point much stronger.

Carmen Luna wrote:
Im chassidish and have even been labeled old fashioned on this site (so you would think I believe that every Rebbe has Ruach Hakodesh) but your post doesnt make sense. Being a leader to his Chassidim and answering their questions is a far cry from RH! Besides, stam saying on every Admor that he has RH, belittles all the Tzaddikim that actually DID have RH. Don't get me wrong, I believe in Tzaddikim and pity those who like to snub todays Gedolim as fakers and gold diggers.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics