Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you know any Rabbis that have Ruach HaKodesh?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:18 am
I think that's beautiful!

myself

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
I posted video on how people 'know' things on page 2. It's called cold readings. Please watch it. Non Jews do this all the time, it's not unique to holy Jews.

Has anyone ever heard of a 'medium'? It's someone who claims they speak to the dead and tells over things to their loved ones. They shock and wow people on what they know, things no one in the world knows. People really believe they are taking to there dead relitves. They are not. It's cold reading. the first video I posted shows how it's done.
Hashem is not guiding people, it's the same how cold readers do it. Again, if the non Jewish world has the same, and do the same things, it's not unque to Jews and there is no interventions with Hashem communicating with people.

I haven't watched any of your videos but yes, I do know what mediums are; please let's leave that aside for now. I also know that this is not exclusive to 'holy Jews'. I just explained, from a Jewish perspective, how people can 'know' things without having ruach hakodesh.

m in Israel

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:36 am
PinkFridge wrote:
My gut reaction is to be with you on this. But I have to say that to me, ruach hakodesh is not on my list of what I admire in who I'm shoel eitza from. I imagine myself as chassidish, or even look to the people who I go to for psak and eitzas, and looking to see if they have ruach hakodesh would not be a factor in my sticking with them. What are factors are gadlus - greatness - in middos and Torah scholarship.

I think this is such a true and beautiful point. We tend to get distracted and caught up with things that sound "miraculous" while missing the main point.

There is a famous line "People think the gadlus of the Maharal was that he made a golem -- the real gadlus of the Maharal was that he made a Maharal!" The avodah it takes to become someone of the stature of the Maharal is much more "impressive" than the "shtick" of making a golem. Whether or not a Rebbe has Ruach Hakadosh (whatever that means) is a lot less important than whether he is a gadol b'Torah and avodas Hashem.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:40 am
I'm not Belz, but I heard this story first hand from the person it happened to.
When Belz was building it's big shul, a belz chossid came to the current Rebbe for a Brocho for a child after many childless years. The Rebbe then told the chossid that he's building a shul and is looking for a donor for the mikvah. He told this chossid, if you donate a certain amount (or a nice amount, the chossid was very well off) he promises him a ben zochor. The chossid very happily gave the money a short time later he had triplets.
It doesn't mean he had ruach hakodesh, but his tefillos were accepted up above.

m in Israel

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:44 am
amother wrote:
I'm not Belz, but I heard this story first hand from the person it happened to.
When Belz was building it's big shul, a belz chossid came to the current Rebbe for a Brocho for a child after many childless years. The Rebbe then told the chossid that he's building a shul and is looking for a donor for the mikvah. He told this chossid, if you donate a certain amount (or a nice amount, the chossid was very well off) he promises him a ben zochor. The chossid very happily gave the money a short time later he had triplets.
It doesn't mean he had ruach hakodesh, but his tefillos were accepted up above.

This is a completely different concept than Ruach Hakodesh. The idea that a tzadik's brachos and tefilos have koach is very widely accepted -- tzadik gozer v'Hakadosh Boruch Hu mekayaim.

It has nothing to do with the question of whether tzadikim have the ability to know things they wouldn't otherwise know through some sort of message/feeling from Hashem.

laykee

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:50 am
I have learned more about chassidus and the relationship chassidim have with their rebbes in this thread than almost anywhere else. I sense that those of us who are not from/in that world have a hard time grasping the concepts of Rebbish RH. But for chassidim is sounds like a no brainer. We both seem to be talking through each other. I wonder if others from either side feel as I do.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:56 am
laykee wrote:
I have learned more about chassidus and the relationship chassidim have with their rebbes in this thread than almost anywhere else. I sense that those of us who are not from/in that world have a hard time grasping the concepts of Rebbish RH. But for chassidim is sounds like a no brainer. We both seem to be talking through each other. I wonder if others from either side feel as I do.

I am chassidish. Most chassidim believe that their Rebbe is an adam gadol and a tzaddik. The only ones I know who think that their Rebbe has ruach hakodesh are the heise Belzers and some Skverers (there might be others too). Mainstream chassidim think it's absurd. I will ask my Rebbe for a bracha and an eitzah, but not to predict my future and make decisions based on that!

m in Israel

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 11:52 am
leah233 wrote:
I do not believe any well-known person alive today has Ruach Hkodosh.

On the topic I like the story about Rav Elchnon Wassrman when if the Chofetz Chaim has ruach hkadosh. He answered that he doesn’t know but he does know that the CC has all the midos that are needed to have ruach hkadosh. That is more important than actually having it

Yes, and I think it was the Chofetz Chaim whose son was asked to tell a story about his father performing some "miraculous" act of "tzadik gozer vHakadosh Boruch Hu mekayaim" and the son said "my father was more interested in Hakadosh Boruch Hu gozer v'Tzadik mekayaim"!

rydys

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 12:02 pm
"So if you come for a bracha to become pregnant and the Rabbi tells you 'You will have a boy' or 'You're already pregnant' it's not because he knows and sees everything, but he knows that if Hashem placed that thought in his head at that moment it must be true. It's 'inspiration on the moment' unlike the 'all-seeing Ruach Hakodesh' of yesteryear. "

This is exactly what I am talking about. Ruach Hakodesh is not Nevuah and cannot predict the future. However, when a Gadol has that "thought put in his head", that is through Ruach Hakodesh. We now have a lower level of Ruach Hakodesh than previous generations, but this is still Ruach Hakodesh.

When parents decide on the name of their baby, the same thing happens. I can tell you numerous stories where parents wanted to name their baby one name but somehow a different name was given. This is Ruach Hakodesh.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 12:37 pm
amother wrote:
You have a "sixth sense - mother's intuition"

Not exactly. I dream of events before they occur.

marina

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 12:50 pm
I have ruach hakodesh and I am a great rebbe. Coincidentally, I am building an addition in my home beis hamikdash m'at and will need a generous donor. If you message me with your bank account information and social security number, I will tell you, through my ruach hakodesh, information about a worrying financial event that will happen to you soon!

pointyshoes

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 1:05 pm
marina wrote:
I have ruach hakodesh and I am a great rebbe. Coincidentally, I am building an addition in my home beis hamikdash m'at and will need a generous donor. If you message me with your bank account information and social security number, I will tell you, through my ruach hakodesh, information about a worrying financial event that will happen to you soon!

Repost this in at least 5 places and your greatest hearts desire will come true on the first Friday of next month. Fail to repost it and Spam will attack you at 5:37am in exactly 30 days.

pointyshoes

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 1:07 pm
amother wrote:
Not exactly. I dream of events before they occur.

Some people have a very strong sense of deja vu. Its not ruach hakodesh

DrMom

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 3:11 pm
rimon613 wrote:
Do you know how I can contact them?

It seems *they* should know to contact *you*.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 8:29 pm
I do believe in ruach hakodesh but not in the sense of dial 1-800-ruach-hakodesh. A tzadik can give you advice which is divinely inspired but you also have to do the work of inspiring yourself, making yourself into a keli for the brachos, etc. Also very often a person will have ruach hakodesh without even being aware of it themselves.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 8:32 pm
Maya wrote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but your rebbe doesn't have ruach hakodesh. It simply doesn't exist. How could he have something that isn't? That's like me saying I own a pet unicorn.

You know, to some people believing in G-d is like believing in a pet unicorn. Or believing that the yam suf actually split. Or that G-d spoke on Mount Sinai or other ridiculous things like that.

Butterfly

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 8:33 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Let me share one of my favorite chassidishe maaselach. After the war, there was a rav (rebbe?) in the DP camps baking matzos and giving out exactly 3 matzos to everyone who came. The son of the (I want to say Vizhnitzer but I'm not sure) Rebbe came and demanded 6 and said his father insisted and wouldn't let him leave without them. Reluctantly, the baker agreed. Late that afternoon there was a knock on the baker's door. It was the Rebbe's son. He asked if the baker had matzos and he said no, he gave away his every last one. The son said, my father knew you would, and gave him the extra 3 matzos.

Just to make you aware of the true facts....

The story about the 3 matzohs happened with the Skulener Rebbe ztz'l, not a baker.
The Viznitzer (or whoever other Rabbi was) knew of the Skulener Rebbe's selfless character and figured that he will surely distribute all the matzohs to the poor and leave nothing for himself. He therefore demanded to be given 6 matzohs as he intended to return 3 to the Rebbe close to the zman of yom tov...

Butterfly

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:53 pm
rimon613 wrote:
Do you know how I can contact them?

DrMom wrote:
It seems *they* should know to contact *you*.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Volunteer

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
I feel bad saying this, but I was desperately searching for something like this a few years ago... someone with a loftier power that could make the craziness in my world make sense... A rescuer, a savior from the chaos in my life...

I've come to realize that the most potent ruach hakodesh I can access is in me. What I mean by that is, I can tap into my G-dly spark, my soul connected to G-d, speak to Him, cry to Him, ask Him how to make sense of the insanity in my life - and basically, realize that it's between me and G-d. That if I can tap into the power I have and channel it, instead of spending my energy chasing a savior I have yet to find - I can rescue myself.

Yes yes yes
Thank you for posting this

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 11:42 pm
Jeanette wrote:
You know, to some people believing in G-d is like believing in a pet unicorn. Or believing that the yam suf actually split. Or that G-d spoke on Mount Sinai or other ridiculous things like that.

Right. But that doesn't mean that that every belief in the world is legitimate.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics