Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you know any Rabbis that have Ruach HaKodesh?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 12:03 am
I was personally helped by the Tosher Rebbe zt"l. It was like a miracle to me.
I never thought about Ruach Hakodesh and all that. I just knew that he was a holy man who had a special connection to Hashem and used it to help Klal Yisroel.

I don't think we can figure out if a Rebbe has Ruach Hakodesh or not. But we can definitely believe in their intuition, in their special connection to Hashem, in their holiness and in their ability to besiege Hashem for a miracle, in helping people who come to them for Brochos.
I think there is a lot of power in belief.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 12:12 am
amother wrote:

I think there is a lot of power in belief.

And that, for good and for bad, is the heart of the matter.

Volunteer

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:20 am
According to Tanna Dvai Eliyahu, EVERYONE has access to ruach hakodesh;
"man or woman, Jew or gentile, free person or slave." Being a rabbi or rebbetzin has no effect on it whatsoever.

What is Ruach Hakodesh? It's when Hashem communicates to your mind. Stated differently, it is Divine influence on your brain. This can happen in different ways.

The highest level of RHK is the type found in Daniel, for example. Daniel communicated with malachim, and his visions were a step beneath prophecy. The difference between RHK and nevuah is that in nevuah, Hashem specifically tells the prophet a message to relate to others, as in "Koh amar Hashem/Thus says the Lord..." In RHK, the message is not specifically intended for the whole nation to hear, though it may be told to others for inspiration. Daniel wrote his book for all of us, of course, but he was instructed not to include in it everything he saw. This is the highest level of RHK, and it is understandably rare.

There are also lower levels. Some example of lower forms of RHK are:
Visual or auditory messages communicated by God during a meditative state
Instructions or information told to you in a dream
Waking up in the morning reciting a verse from the Tanach
A burst of inspiration that produces a solution to a problem or a creative work
Intuitively saying or doing just the right thing at the right moment (those times when you speak or act, and then afterwards you are amazed and think, "I didn't know I had it in me!")
Intuitively knowing the right decision with complete conviction, such as knowing who you are meant to marry, or what to name your child. The message you get relates directly to your avodah. Occasionally, it is also meant to help another person.

RHK is NOT:
Omnicience (seemingly knowing everything)
Something you can do on demand (as a parlor trick or a source of income)- God decides when to send you messages, as the need arises
A vague "feeling about something"
A highly emotional experience - RHK is a very calm and decisive message or "knowing"
A miracle. RHK is a natural and normal function of the human mind (as is prophecy, for that matter).

These lower forms are different from Higher levels only in degree. They represent the same phenomenon. I thin kI can safely say that we have all had experiences like these at some point. What level you get depends on you. Shaarei Kedusha is a book about how to clean your middot step by step, the end goal being having access to RHK. Many perfectly regular people experience RHK. It doesnt necessarily mean you're on some exalted spiritual level. It just means that for whatever reason God had something to say that you needed to hear. Of course, the closer you are to Hashem, the more obvious and direct the communication will be.

So to answer the OP's question, yes. YOU have RHK. I refer you back to amother's post above, which I reposted, about chucking the intermediary and returning to your Creator.

rimon613

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 1:10 pm
So how can I contact the Beltzer Rebbe?

Jeanette

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 1:21 pm
amother wrote:
Right. But that doesn't mean that that every belief in the world is legitimate.

and who is the barometer of legitimate beliefs? You?

leah233

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 1:40 pm
rimon613 wrote:

Call up the office of any Belzer Yeshiva and ask them how.

But maybe first ask your own Rov for his opinion about contacting someone and relying on the assumption that he has Ruach Hkodoesh.

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 5:37 pm
rimon613 wrote:

Trust me, there is nothing special happening there, and certainly no ruach hakodesh.

If you're in the need of guidance, I would strongly suggest you take the advice of the amother on the first page and reach out to the Kaalov Rebbe in Williamsburg. I'm not a big believer in rebbes but he's a really smart compassionate man who doesn't focus on the wrong things.

Here is a link to his website, where you can read about him and even schedule an appointment.
http://www.kaalov.org/appointments

I wish you much luck with solving whatever it is you need, and only peace going forward.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics