Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Double the Laundry in the 9 Days
Previous  1  2

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 4:05 pm
LOL, you just made me realize why my daughter's day camp told them to put on their camp tshirt on the day they had water slides.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 4:17 pm
amother wrote:
OP, how old are the children you are talking about? I never heard of a frum daycamp having any water activities during the 9 days at all. The camps that I have sent to certainly dont. I can see it happening for kids age 5 and under, but not older than that...
I saw an ad for a tisha b'av camp for kids aged 3-7, offering swimming and sprinklers. ON tisha b'av! I never heard of that being okay....

I have never gone to a day camp that didn't have water activities during the nine days. Neither have my kids. There is no issur against getting wet.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 4:18 pm
amother wrote:
OP, how old are the children you are talking about? I never heard of a frum daycamp having any water activities during the 9 days at all. The camps that I have sent to certainly dont. I can see it happening for kids age 5 and under, but not older than that...
I saw an ad for a tisha b'av camp for kids aged 3-7, offering swimming and sprinklers. ON tisha b'av! I never heard of that being okay....

Preschool and elementary age.
The preschoolers use their bathing suits (ages 3-6) and the older children still do water activities but in their clothes.
I do laundry for both children if there are stains (which there are everyday in the summer Black Eye).
DD told me yesterday that some mom's have been sending bathing suits for the older ones anyway, so I sent both a bathing suit and a change of clothing today, hoping that the suit will be worn Smile

Thanks everyone for allowing me to vent! Smile Even though I do the laundry, I still found it ridiculous that I've been doing double for one of the girls during this week of mourning.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 4:42 pm
ya' know .. come to think of it...when I got up from sitting shiva (not at home) and went back home I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened my laundry room door. It was just mountains of clothing/towels/linen ( I had someone staying with my kids). This week I have tons of laundry - 4 kids came back from camp on Sunday! I'm not doing their linen/towels swim stuff and adult stuff.... BUT I am doing laundry as needed for younger kids so it's not as bad as shiva week. Guess it's not as bad.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 5:59 pm
I know which day camp you're referring to since my neighbors had the same complaint. Our day camp had school day this week so they wore their uniform and another day they were told to wear their camp t-shirt.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 6:03 pm
laundry is always more crazy in the summer ... but intentional twice a day mess is unnecessary

I would send an oversized t-shirt ...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry