Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Prospect HS

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:03 pm
can parents who currently have kids in prospect fill me in on prospect. Not other mothers who heard things about prospect. I want info from people who really know. In my day there was the mix of modern and very frum. Why does it have a reputation of only modern now. Are those girls just overshadowing the good girls? Is there really still the same mix?

livinginflatbus

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 8:52 am
I'm not a parent but I work in a day camp where prospect girls work and there's definitely all types . More to the left but they still looked like bais Yaakov girls

cm

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 9:14 am
amother wrote:
can parents who currently have kids in prospect fill me in on prospect. Not other mothers who heard things about prospect. I want info from people who really know. In my day there was the mix of modern and very frum. Why does it have a reputation of only modern now. Are those girls just overshadowing the good girls? Is there really still the same mix?

I'm sure you can ask whether Prospect still has RW students without denigrating your fellow Jews.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 9:22 am
Op here. I forgot to specify that I'm talking about the HIGH SCHOOL. Camp is different than school so I wouldnt go by that. Any prospect HS parents want to weigh in on this. My daughter is yeshivish dressing and yeshivish leaning BUT not cookie cutter. Has hashkafah questions and challenges teachers to get answers. She texts and has whatsapp and watches appropriate shows on our filtered Internet and will see Disney animated movies with the family. But no boyfriends or English movies. Not into fancy dressing. But like I said she's not cookie cutter BY. I think as for the school admin and teacher prospect is the good fit. I'm asking more from the social perspective. Will she have classmates who she can be friends with. Good nice heimish girls.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:27 am
Would you consider Manhattan High? The crowd will be more to the right yet still very open-minded and worldly compared to other Brooklyn options, though also wealthier and fancier-dressing than Prospect.

livinginflatbus

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 11:25 am
I disagree about Manhattan high. While they produce great girls it's a whole different ball game. They don't call themselves a bais Yaakov school . They encourage their girls to go to stern and colleges like that as opposed to touro and the like

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 12:09 pm
I'm asking specifically about prospect. I feel like it's a good fit assuming there are still good girls there. I believe there are but are over shadowed. Desperately need to hear from prospect HS parent body.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:
I'm asking specifically about prospect. I feel like it's a good fit assuming there are still good girls there. I believe there are but are over shadowed. Desperately need to hear from prospect HS parent body.

Are you aware of how offensive your question is. You are calling the majority of the girls who are there currently "not good girls" - probably many of these have parents that are on this site currently. Who do you think you are to determine who is and who isn't a good girl. Come off your high horse and stop looking down at people who aren't exactly like you.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 1:00 pm
I mean no offense. I want people to come to the defense of the school. I'm being real about the reputation I heard about the school but I'm begging parents to challenge that image.

Tirza

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 10:02 pm
You may not have meant to offend, but saying that "modern" girls aren't good girls is actually very offensive.
You may want to worry less about what everyone is wearing and whether or not they're "heimish", and worry more about setting an example for your daughter of Ahavat Yisrael and Ve'ahavta Lereacha Kamocha.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 10:17 pm
I am sending my daughter there next year for hs and if she's as arrogant as you are then I would not want her with my daughter , a nice frum girl with good middos.
Based on how you describe your daughter it sounds like she's not as yeshivish as you'd like her to be . She questions hashkafos - that makes her less of a by girls ?? All teenagers should be questioning things ! That's how they grow !
As others have said , get off ur high horse and maybe find a school where all the yeshivish fakers go .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics