Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
KLBD Hechsher help

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 6:58 am
Hello,

They have a lot of products that they say are certified kosher but have no logo - does anyone else eat these? I called them this morning and they said the companies send them information on the ingredients and they certify it as kosher but the packaging won't have the hechsher on it.

Thanks so much,

simcha2

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 8:07 am
We use. Outside of the US and Israel this is a common way of certifying. The London Beth din has a book and an app that list the kosher products.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 8:23 am
Yes we eat everything on the list..

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 9:15 am
We eat them but we live oot. I do know frum families (black hat/charieidi types and some chabad people) who will avoid eating certain things without a hechsher. eg I use hellmans mayo since it is on the KLBD list. One of my family members won't eat mayo without a hechsher, although they will eat other items. eg in the UK everyone buys frozen veg, rice, flour, stuff like that with no hechsher. But even the stuff with a KLBD hechsher might have issues of pas yisrael, dairy equipment etc and certainly things on the list will have this issue. .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions