Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Lakewood fam. man looking for course that leads to jobs

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:58 pm
Lakewood family man in upper thirties looking for course that leads to jobs, thats not computer related. He and computers never clicked.

What else is there besides plumbing and electricity?

His strengths are his honesty and willingness to work. Hes very aidel.

Any fields to go into that has openings in Lakewood?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 11:51 pm
1. Ideas off the top of my head: Medical billing . Nursing home management. Junior bookkeeping.
2. I'm sure Lakewood has agencies that deal with this exact situation.
3. Check your local ads !!

amother
Green

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 11:55 pm
Has he checked into apprenticeship programs with trade unions?

amother
White

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 12:13 am
amother wrote:
Has he checked into apprenticeship programs with trade unions?

What kind of trade unions? Hes not looking for Electrician/Plumbing kind of jobs/training.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 1:26 am
Real estate?

amother
Green

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 1:43 am
amother wrote:
What kind of trade unions? Hes not looking for Electrician/Plumbing kind of jobs/training.

There are carpenters, steam fitters, stationary engineers, instrumentation techs, welders, stone masons etc. Union jobs aren't just electrical or plumbing. Does your husband have a preference of white collar over blue? What does he want to do? What kind of an education does he have?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 5:13 am
court reporting

amazon?

sales, not everyone is a "closer" but people who are good at cold calling alsp can make money. For a person who is a hard worker, this can sometimes be a good fit. There are "tricks of the trade you can learn Its rare, but maybe

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 5:17 am
court reporting

amazon?

sales, not everyone is a "closer" but people who are good at cold calling alsp can make money. For a person who is a hard worker, this can sometimes be a good fit. There are "tricks of the trade you can learn Its rare, but maybe

thanks

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 6:32 am
Exterminator?

imasinger

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 6:38 am
There are guys in Lakewood who specialize in offering career counselling to those leaving kollel. Has he consulted one? If you pm me, I can give you a name. You could also post a new thread asking for names and recommendations.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 4:16 pm
Accounting and Warehouse management have course given by PCS.

amother
White

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 4:21 pm
amother wrote:
Real estate?

I could never understand how family men can do real estate. What happens if they dont sell a house in a long time?

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 4:46 pm
amother wrote:
I could never understand how family men can do real estate. What happens if they dont sell a house in a long time?

There are many family men who are realtors. You need the personality fie it to vibe successful.

The hard part about it is that it takes a long time to establish oneself with clients and I would imagine the area is flooded with realtors especially since it can be done by a woman with child care responsibilities. Not that it can't be a full time job but just that it is a job that has the potential for making a lot of money without professional training. Other skills and contacts of course but not academics or even lengthy professional training.

12rivkyk34

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 4:49 pm
Lakewood needs more environmentalist. It's a course and then you do environmental reports on property . Education fields are always necessary- physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy, aqua therapy, vision therapist, social work, aba.
Accounting, architecture, law, administration all require schooling but make a decent living...

amother
White

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 5:01 pm
12rivkyk34 wrote:
Lakewood needs more environmentalist. It's a course and then you do environmental reports on property . Education fields are always necessary- physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy, aqua therapy, vision therapist, social work, aba.
Accounting, architecture, law, administration all require schooling but make a decent living...

Most of those mentioned require at least a college degree, and many mentioned here, need Masters too. By the time he gets that he'll be an old man. And hes not a great student.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 10:58 pm
He should go to PCS. They have vocational testing and various courses.
Does he have a BTL from Yeshiva?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics