Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Robotic vacuum and mop

peekaboo

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 8:59 am
Anyone has this? Im looking into getting one, and would like to hear some reviews, and why a certain model over another one.

Thanks!

flmommy

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 10:03 am
My sister has a roomba and really likes it. She has no kids at home so I don't think she could comment on if it would work on a really messy floor.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 1:55 pm
I had the roomba and scuba.
They can easily get stuck under a China closet or couch if it's not low enough. Also, if there's too many things in the way like table and chairs... Then it may miss a part of the room.

I loved it that I set it to run when I left to work.
Keep in a cool room (not hot) or the "computer" breaks.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 2:05 pm
I'd like to look into this as well. Would try the vacuum one first for hardwood and ceramic floor and if I goes well I would consider the washing one too.
Does the bottom of the furniture/walls/doors get knocked up when the machine hits it and needs to turn itself? This is an important deciding factor for me.

Last edited by ra_mom on Fri, Aug 12 2016, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

peekaboo

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 2:08 pm
Anyone have the one that's a vacuum and mop combined? Looking into that one but I want to hear firsthand reveiws first

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 2:21 pm
The roomba is great as long as yu have a relatively clutter free open environment. If you have a lot of furniture and not much floor space, it doesn't work well. But that's also true for human labor as it's easy to vacuum a large clear floor area but tedious when you have lots of furniture to maneuver under and around

I had read similarly about the rooms mop as you set boundaries similar to an invisible fence. If you have a large expanse of floor, it works well. If you have a small kitchen floor, not so well.

peekaboo

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 2:29 pm
My kitchen floor isnt that small but its not huge either. I have a pretty nice sized hallway and regular size dining room. 2 bedrooms which dont have that much floor space. I really want this since I hate washing my floors 🙈

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 4:59 pm
Have you checked reviews on Amazon. I can generally get a feel by reading a lot reviews ascot whether the device is bad and/or might not work for my situation.

You can also ask questions and the answers can also be very helpful
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics