Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Why do you want mashiach?
1  2  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 10:22 am
Lets think of ways to make tisha bav personal and relevant to our personal lives.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 10:27 am
I made Aliya. My family is all far away and I want to be united here, with them.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 10:31 am
I want all the unwell people I know to be healed.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 10:32 am
I want mashiach so that there should be no more suffering, no more terror and pain. On a personal level I am suffering from an illness that affects my daily life, but it's the national suffering that pains me more than anything!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 10:35 am
To truly see that EVERYTHING is good and the best for us.

yksraya

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 11:18 am
Aside from wanting no more pain, I want hashem to have a home too, we all have nice dwellings, but hashem, our king has lost his palace, let there be a new palace today!!!!

ssspectacular

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 11:23 am
For clarity. To get rid of all the confusion that causes us to sin. To see Hashem revered by the whole world.

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 11:26 am
I want the evil in the world to die and be gone

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:04 pm
So that we can be close to Hashem, without all the pain and confusion, be who we are meant to be and all will be right in the world.

All the sadness, discontent and loneliness we feel for all the different reasons we feel it, is just a cover up for longing to be close to Him. I want this deep need to be filled once and for all.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:08 pm
So my special needs daughter can be healed and be "normal"

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:21 pm
As much as I wish for all of your wishes to come true, the most definitive statement we have is Shmuel's opinion in the gemara, later codified in the Rambam, that אין בין עולם הזה לימות המשיח אלא שעיבוד מלכויות בלבד

tymama

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:22 pm
So the medical problems that we just found out about dd will be cured

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:24 pm
amother wrote:
As much as I wish for all of your wishes to come true, the most definitive statement we have is Shmuel's opinion in the gemara, later codified in the Rambam, that אין בין עולם הזה לימות המשיח אלא שעיבוד מלכויות בלבד

ומלא הארץ דעה את ה' כמים לים מכסים

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:37 pm
So that the Sasoon children can hug their mother.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 3:28 pm
amother wrote:

this one made me cry ...

GAP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 3:45 pm
I want clarity, truth, and direction. I want all the suffering to end.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 3:54 pm
So the whole world will know who the true Creator of the world. So all those of other religions will see the stupidity of their beliefs. Then true peace will reign. No more war, murder, violence. All this I want for the glory of Hashem
I am tired of hearing the moslems killing in the name of allah. (I guess I follow the news too much) Tired of them doing horrible and unspeakable crimes against humanity. While Israel is constantly called out for "war crimes" when other nations are really guilty and doing much worse. Tired of the BDS movement. Tired of reform and conservative movements helping to encourage intermarriage and losing jews to assimilation. Tired of broken families. Tired of people turning to drugs. Tired of the high rate of suicide in the community. Tired of all those suffering illness. Tired of the high divorce rate. Tired of hearing of Abuse in all forms. I can not understand how someone can NOT want Moshiach.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 5:30 pm
amother wrote:

What is the source for the belief that Techiyat Hameitim will closely follow the coming of Mashiach?

Rambam (Hilchot Melachim 11:3): "One should not entertain the notion that the King Moshiach must work miracles and wonders, bring about new phenomena within the world, resurrect the dead, or perform other similar deeds"

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 5:41 pm
imasoftov wrote:
What is the source for the belief that Techiyat Hameitim will closely follow the coming of Mashiach?

Rambam (Hilchot Melachim 11:3): "One should not entertain the notion that the King Moshiach must work miracles and wonders, bring about new phenomena within the world, resurrect the dead, or perform other similar deeds"

According to the Ramchal, there are two distinct phases: ימות המשיח and עולם הבא.
ימות המשיח is as you said, the world will run as usual aside from not being under the rule of non-Jews (which is a pretty big thing in and itself.) Then will be תחיית המתים and עולם הבא, which is a completely different existence that we can't comprehend.

syrima

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 5:51 pm
Besides the above, so I don't have to vote for either candidate in the election. Vote moshiach!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note