Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
My daughters friend is a challenge for me!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:10 pm
I known this sounds crazy but I hate it when my 5 yr old brings a certain neighbor to play with her in my house! Im an extremely clean and finicky person. This little girl is the type that has her hands all over the place, all over my house, eats all over the place always needs something to eat and drink,shes just a messy girl...my blood pressure just goes up when she walks into my house. Now the problem is shes a daughter of a neighbor that im very friendly with and she's good friends w my daughter. Any suggestions what I can do to make her coming to my house smoother/pressure free??

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:18 pm
I had a similar problem. So I implemented house rules that apply to all kids that come over: no food outside the kitchen, no shoes in the house, and no kids allowed in the formal living room.
That way no one is singled out for their behavior, and no one gets insulted. Even my neighbor's 3 year old knows she can come and play, but has to take off her shoes first and eat her snacks at the kitchen table.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:35 pm
OMG that's me!
I can't handle giving her food.
So I don't. Sorry.
After an hour or so of play time I say it's time to go home everybody can have lunch now and come back to play in an hour etc.

She constantly takes my toys into her mouth and that drives me crazy.
I keep reminding her but I can use advice for that.

imasinger

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 2:48 pm
The only suggestion I have about the toys in the mouth is talk to the mom and suggest a chew necklace. It won't solve the problem, but it can help.

Signed,
A mother of several chewers
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers