Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Embarrassed... was this really wrong of me?

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 2:00 pm
My kids school starts in four days. Three, if you count orientation. I have been unable to find uniform items yet. OOT so I will need to get shipped.

Is it wrong for me to try to place a phone/internet order today to try and get it in time? Or is just that the Jewish stores are closed and can't take my call now?

imasinger

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 2:06 pm
It's not the end of the world.

I'm sure the Jewish stores are closed today.

But most places have expedited shipping available.

You could pay for overnight or second day.

Or you could see if you have any local friends to lend you a uniform or two, and you could do a little more wash until the order comes.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 2:10 pm
I'm not understanding what is wrong or embarrassing about trying to make an order??
Either the store is open or it isn't.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 3:32 pm
Wrong... Halachicly. And thus embarrassing because I should have known that, and not tried? Thank you everyone who responded, it seems it wasn't such a crazy thing to try and do?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 3:53 pm
I'm missing something- what is wrong with ordering uniforms? I can't figure out what you think is wrong.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 3:56 pm
I imagine that you have to ask a shayla about buying clothes on 9 av. There are issues with buying clothes on the 9 days, probably even more so for 9 av.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 4:04 pm
[quote="amother"]I'm missing something- what is wrong with ordering uniforms? I can't figure out what you think is wrong.[/quote

Halacha, just like one doesn't buy new clothes in the nine days how much more so on tisha b'av. But I would ask my Rav what to do in your instance. How about you order tonite after fast with express shipping or you should be ok with 2-3 days shipping. You'll anyways need express shipping if ordering today, so wait till after fast to place order. You can't go wrong with that. Or ask your Rav what to do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note