Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Spinoff "why do you want moshiach" -- not sure I do??
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

tf

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 6:15 am
Just because there's no "solid" proof, and people feel happy not knowing how life can be better is why our generation is called a דור יתום. It can only be in our belief system that משיח will indeed come one day. This is the lesson we learn from יציאת מצרים. In that גלות it was much harder, humanly, to take the Jews out of גלות, and still HASHEM did it. Surely he will do it for us as well, even if we don't "feel" we need it. The Jewish people even wanted to go back to Egypt after they were out. It was only later that they thanked Hashem for יציאת מצרים. It is similar with us. We already feel comfortable in this גלות because we don't know any better.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 11:14 am
imasoftov wrote:
Techiyat Hameitim does not necessarily come immediately with Mashiach. Perhaps not even close, as Rambam writes in is Mishna commentary that Mashiach will die and be succeeded by a dynasty

I heard it will start slowly, depending on the person,40 yrs after.

One thing I do know, in my generation (70s) ppl didn't talk about Moshiach as often as today.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
I heard it will start slowly, depending on the person,40 yrs after.

One thing I do know, in my generation (70s) ppl didn't talk about Moshiach as often as today.

And yet people did talk about Moshiach. My father was as Litvish as they come and a baki in the Chofetz Chaim's works, and spoke about Moshiach as far back as the 40s.

enneamom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 5:48 pm
TranquilityAndPeace, awesome post. Applause

gp2.0 wrote:
I was under the impression that there would be no more death when moshiach comes.

Otherwise what would be the point of bringing all the people back to life?

Ooh! I have a new theory. Maybe bringing people back to life actually means we'll all be able to travel freely in time, or even experience all of time at the same time, thus eliminating the concept of death, as we can always be present at the time a person was alive.

Hee hee...who else would come up with a theory like that but you! Clown
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics