Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
So annoyed at Junees!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

pause

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 10:02 am
DId anyone actually call them? I just found this thread and I'm curious about any updates...

FranticFrummie, I love your sense of humor! Rainbows, unicorns... Rolling Laughter

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 1:25 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I just checked my email. The store is refusing returns on international orders, FYI.

No apology was given, not even a token one. They said that in all their years of business, no one has EVER complained about their sizes before. Yeaaaaah, right. Rolling Eyes

No mention was made of "5 free shirts", as per the mysterious "Junees" poster upthread.

Color me unsurprised. Confused

They are now refusing to respond to any further emails.

sourstix

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 6:55 pm
so what does the chofetz chaim say on such an issue? asking ff.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 8:04 pm
sourstix wrote:

If a company has misleading and unethical business practices, then you should warn others not to risk losing their money.

Bernie Madoff was a Jew. Don't you think it would be better if people had been warned not to invest their life savings with him?

For some of us, the cost of getting new school clothes is a very tight budget. You are counting on the clothes you order to fit the way they say they will. When the clothes don't fit, and they cannot be returned or refunded, how will you buy replacement clothes when you're budget has been spent?

I sleep just fine, thanks for asking.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 8:29 pm
They have a size chart on their web site with measurements.

trixx

Post Mon, Sep 19 2016, 8:31 pm
sourstix wrote:

He would actually probably pasken in her favor Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

groisamomma

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:45 am
sourstix wrote:

What is this supposed to mean?

I, personally, am going elsewhere for my 3 girls this season. Thank you FF.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
They have a size chart on their web site with measurements.

I'm curious by nature, so I checked. Junees' size chart puts both the chest and the hips of an XL at 41" and the waist at 32". Then I picked a random site -- Banana Republic. It puts the chest of an XL at 41-1/2", the waist at 34-1/2 and the hips at 44-1/2. So Junees runs slightly small, but not to the extent that the OP mentioned. If things run as small as she says, then the merchandise is mis-labeled and mis-sized.

OP, maybe you can sell the stuff in your community, to get at least some of your money back?

cm

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 11:30 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm curious by nature, so I checked. Junees' size chart puts both the chest and the hips of an XL at 41" and the waist at 32". Then I picked a random site -- Banana Republic. It puts the chest of an XL at 41-1/2", the waist at 34-1/2 and the hips at 44-1/2. So Junees runs slightly small, but not to the extent that the OP mentioned. If things run as small as she says, then the merchandise is mis-labeled and mis-sized.

OP, maybe you can sell the stuff in your community, to get at least some of your money back?

I looked, too.

The general size chart does indicate that the clothing runs a little small. It does not specify body vs garment measurements, but the inclusion of a line for 3/4 sleeve suggests that garment measurements are listed, making the clothing small, indeed (personally, I have not found the skirts to run small, and have not tried their tops).

On the page for each garment there is a link for a size chart. For the shells (not sure about the other items), the link shows only a "page not found" error message. The garment page includes the company phone number and instructs customers to call for more information. Shell sizing is extremely variable, even within brands. For example, I wear a super-multi-X large in regular Kiki Rikis, but only a M-L in the metallics from the same brand. Probably most shell customers would know to size up, ask for more information, or both. It shouldn't be up to the customer to have that knowledge beforehand, though.

Unfortunately, someone who accessed the size chart from the home page would not know that it does not apply to all the garments.

Obviously, not all clothing styles, even from the same brand, will have exactly the same measurements. Junees lists almost no garment measurements on the product pages. Rather than order blindly, I usually contact the vendor for specifics, especially if there is a restrictive (or expensive) return policy. Actual garment measurements are much more useful than size charts.

I, too, get frustrated when clothing does not match the description. Sometimes I have requested shipping costs reimbursed, but have rarely been successful. It's unfair, I agree.

The Junee website is very clear about their international no-return policy. I am ambivalent about this part: on the one hand, international customers should make sure that the product suits their needs before ordering; on the other hand, the glitches in the size charts puts some of the responsibility on the vendor.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 11:36 am
the problem with sizing as I understand is that they are made with no neckline & so tight that you cannot get into them - much like a girdle ... but many people buy the shells to keep within the guidelines of 'tznius' - probably why the clothing feels extra small vs whatever random size it's meant to be

I am, however, unaware that one should choke to death in order to cover their collar bones & elbows

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 11:40 am
groisamomma wrote:
What is this supposed to mean?

I'll give you the rundown ...

ss said it was loshon hora
ff said I read chofetz chaim for many years
ss asks what does it say
ff responds: "If a company has misleading and unethical business practices, then you should warn others not to risk losing their money."

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 11:40 am
greenfire wrote:
the problem with sizing as I understand is that they are made with no neckline & so tight that you cannot get into them - much like a girdle ... but many people buy the shells to keep within the guidelines of 'tznius' - probably why the clothing feels extra small vs whatever random size it's meant to be

I am, however, unaware that one should choke to death in order to cover their collar bones & elbows

But it's not just the neck, it's the chest, upper arms and tummy too.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 11:45 am
Iymnok wrote:
But it's not just the neck, it's the chest, upper arms and tummy too.

yes - hence it's girdle like - which most people would find too cumbersome to squeeze into & quite possibly why this poor fitting happens [not excusing just explaining as I see it]

a good reason to make cotton garments like hanes & old navy, etc. - even a tight fitting one would not kill you

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:00 pm
So Junees wont reply to FF, and the Junees person here has been silent - btw that Junees rep is a legit employee, sadly. I've confirmed it with Yael. Such cruddy business practice - left such a bad taste in my mouth.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:20 pm
watergirl wrote:
So Junees wont reply to FF, and the Junees person here has been silent - btw that Junees rep is a legit employee, sadly. I've confirmed it with Yael. Such cruddy business practice - left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Omg, that person was for real? I'm flabbergasted.

This could have been a huge PR opportunity for them to display excellent customer service skills. The amount they would have been spending to take care of FF's problems would have been a small cost for the advertising and exposure they could have gotten.

Oh well.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:31 pm
amother wrote:
Omg, that person was for real? I'm flabbergasted.

This could have been a huge PR opportunity for them to display excellent customer service skills. The amount they would have been spending to take care of FF's problems would have been a small cost for the advertising and exposure they could have gotten.

Oh well.

I run my own jewelry business, and I make everything by hand. I often do custom work for wedding parties and bas mitzvas (gifts for all the cousins, etc.)

I have always had a policy of "The Three R's", Repair, Replace, or Refund. No questions asked, and always done with grace and pleasantness. If something of mine breaks, I ask for it back because I use it to learn where the design flaw is, and how I can prevent it from happening in the future. I always THANK my customer for this opportunity to grow and improve!

I've only had to deal with this a handful of times in my over 20 years in business, but those customers that I've helped out turn out to be the most loyal, and always give me repeat business, knowing that they are safe with me. They also give me most of their referrals.

If a small company like mine, with a narrow profit margin - or even a huge company like Nordstroms, can operate like that - why can't others?

smile12345

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:49 pm
I just checked on Junees website to see what their policy is and it is written very clearly:

Foreign Orders

Since they have to go through US Customs on their return, we do not exchange or credit goods shipped out of USA.

Whether or not this is a good business practise is debatable, but they aren't required to go beyond their policies if they don't want to. This thread definitely doesn't fall under the CC's halacha of reporting misleading and unethical business practise as quoted above.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:54 pm
smile12345 wrote:
I just checked on Junees website to see what their policy is and it is written very clearly:

Foreign Orders

Since they have to go through US Customs on their return, we do not exchange or credit goods shipped out of USA.

Whether or not this is a good business practise is debatable, but they aren't required to go beyond their policies if they don't want to. This thread definitely doesn't fall under the CC's halacha of reporting misleading and unethical business practise as quoted above.

Fine, point taken.

My initial gripe was the sizing, though. One does not expect an adult size XL to be too small to fit a 13yo petite child! I just showed them to a friend of mine, and she said "Maybe they might fit my 8yo granddaughter, but I'm not sure."

Does that sound like a women's extra large to you?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:56 pm
smile12345 wrote:

Foreign Orders

That's cool, but the Junee rep here said that they shipped FF 5 shells at their own expense, which never happened.

smile12345

Post Wed, Sep 21 2016, 12:58 pm
amother wrote:
That's cool, but the Junee rep here said that they shipped FF 5 shells at their own expense, which never happened.

Has she asked them why she never received them?
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics