Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Zara winter coats:

Blessing1

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 7:34 pm
I want to get my girls winter coats from Zara.
Someone told me Zara jackets are not warm.
Do you have Zara jackets?
Are they warn enough for the winter?
TIA

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 7:35 pm
They're quite thin. I wouldn't recommend them.if your child is outdoors a lot/ walks to school in the winter.

carrot

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 7:54 pm
In my experience, not so warm and also the zippers break easily. For the same price/style you can do better at Gap Kids.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 9:07 pm
Thanx for the replies.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 8:41 pm
bumping this thread, not the OP -

Please share your experience with your child's Zara winter coat.

I ordered one for my daughter but it does not seem warm. It is not down filled rather poly filled ..... Can anyone tell me if they think a Zara's winter coat is warm enough for NY winter? If you have one and are happy, which one did you buy? Thank you for your help!

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:
bumping this thread, not the OP -

Please share your experience with your child's Zara winter coat.

I ordered one for my daughter but it does not seem warm. It is not down filled rather poly filled ..... Can anyone tell me if they think a Zara's winter coat is warm enough for NY winter? If you have one and are happy, which one did you buy? Thank you for your help!

Following--I actually just said this exactly to dh!

I'm hoping that with a light sweater underneath it will be ok for dd. Her winter coat last year was from old navy and was also poly filled, but somehow seemed warmer.

Is there a difference in warmth between the quality of different poly-filled winter coats?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Nov 01 2016, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:
Following--I actually just said this exactly to dh!

I'm hoping that with a light sweater underneath it will be ok for dd. Her winter coat last year was from old navy and was also poly filled, but somehow seemed warmer.

Is there a difference in warmth between the quality of different poly-filled winter coats?

there's probably a slight difference in the warmth of poly filled coats but I'm sure down filled are almost always warmer. I'm thinking if exchanging for a down filled coat unless someone can tell me that they have the poly filled and it is sufficiently warm.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 2:48 am
Bumping because I'm also hhesitant to buy the poly filled or down for double the price or neither.

goforit

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:03 am
I have a boys jacket that is poly filled from last year. It most definitely is warm enough. They held up great at the end of the winter one zipper broke, now he just uses the snaps. I need to take it to get fixed. I really think it depends on the style of each coat. If it's thin then it won't be so warm. If it's puffy and cozy then it will be warm. With down if it is thin it still can be warm, but not with poly filled.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:10 am
the poly filled was really cute but at the end I returned it since it seemed too thin for a freezing day. I re ordered the down filled and it is definitely much warmer. Also, the zipper goes up and down much easier on the down coat. I am sure the other zipper would not have lasted on the poly filled coat through this winter. These day when it is cold in the morning and then warms up close to 20 degrees in the afternoon, the poly would be just fine. I was more worried for freezing, snowy, windy days ...who knows?? Maybe we won't have any of those this year! If you decide on the poly filled, then make sure to get super warm gloves, hat, boots ...that makes all the difference on an ice cold day. I also didn't want to spend double but when I thought of my daughter standing outside waiting for her bus with snow falling .... I just couldn't think of sending her in a thin jacket. The down filled is really warm and I'm happy that I returned the poly and got the down instead.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
the poly filled was really cute but at the end I returned it since it seemed too thin for a freezing day. I re ordered the down filled and it is definitely much warmer. Also, the zipper goes up and down much easier on the down coat. I am sure the other zipper would not have lasted on the poly filled coat through this winter. These day when it is cold in the morning and then warms up close to 20 degrees in the afternoon, the poly would be just fine. I was more worried for freezing, snowy, windy days ...who knows?? Maybe we won't have any of those this year! If you decide on the poly filled, then make sure to get super warm gloves, hat, boots ...that makes all the difference on an ice cold day. I also didn't want to spend double but when I thought of my daughter standing outside waiting for her bus with snow falling .... I just couldn't think of sending her in a thin jacket. The down filled is really warm and I'm happy that I returned the poly and got the down instead.

Which one is the down filled?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics