Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What are seventh graders using for a school bag..
1  2  Next

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 10:12 pm
My daughter tried explaining to me the kind of bag that she wants-that alot of 7th grade girls seemed to have used last year.. I didnt fully get the picture.. she says its not a cross body bag, it has two shorter straps that is worn together on one sholder...can any one enlighten me , or suggest some web sites that I can look for it
Tx

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 10:16 pm
I've seen lots of girls wearing regular tote bags. The type that a teacher or seminary student might wear.
I can't imagine why they don't prefer backpacks, which are so much more comfortable for their heavy book loads.

sequoia

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 10:38 pm
Hurray for scoliosis! Fashion is what *really* matters.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:30 am
ra_mom wrote:
I've seen lots of girls wearing regular tote bags. The type that a teacher or seminary student might wear.
I can't imagine why they don't prefer backpacks, which are so much more comfortable for their heavy book loads.

Me neither, but that seems to be the 'in bag' and thats whats she wants...
Were can I buy it

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:41 am
Best thing to do is go with your DD. If you go to the mall you can often find something on clearance that could work. Last year I got DD a bag that was marked down from 79.99 to 19.99.

Or try online - e.g. Kohls.com - go to accessories/handbags and see if there's something she likes. Lots of shoe online sites also sell handbags.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:02 am
Guess my 7th grade twins are easy. They want Jansport backpacks.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:21 am
A large tote bag is available from every store at every price point.

The relevant fsctor is the specific brand and style that is trending in your neighborhood. Have you asked her what material or color or pattern the other girls have.

The obvious objective criteria is that it should be strong and restively lighter weight.

I own and have owned a zillion totes in my life of every possible style and configuration and material ranging from expensive leather to cheap bohemian type made of cloth. If the tote is the only bag she is carrying, zipped pockets are helpful to store valuable stuff and/or make sure it doesn't get squashed or broken by sitting beneath all books.

Is there some reason, you can go to the mall and pick out a tote in person as every store would have a selection. Otherwise just google tote and look at on line possibilities.

In terms of the super fashionable, Goyard is replacing Vuitton as the preferred shlepper among the hot polloi. 😀😀

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:24 am
By me it's this one
https://www.amazon.com/LeSport.....1R5BG
Although I got one dd a Baggalini which was much cheaper and still made her happy. Very Happy

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:27 am
I am cracking up because this was cool when I was in 7th grade as - in my area it was important for it to be holister or abercrombie or another brand name -
like this
https://www.hollisterco.com/sh.....23_02
https://www.hollisterco.com/sh.....22_01
http://www.dsw.com/handbag/tom.....67752
https://www.amazon.com/Hollist.....e+bag

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:32 am
wow ~ granny totes are back in style ?!?!?!

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 12:44 pm
I could never comfortably schlepp around a bunch of heavy schoolbooks in any of those totes people have posted here.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 12:50 pm
DrMom wrote:
I could never comfortably schlepp around a bunch of heavy schoolbooks in any of those totes people have posted here.

The operative word is comfortably. 😀😀🤗

I shlepped my law books around first year when professors actually expected you to have them available in class. On the positive side, I went to a school with a very strong honor code and one could very safely leave books in the building without fear of theft.

Looking back as tween and teen or even my younger adult more self consciously fashionable self, I shudder at the bodily indignities and discomfort I was able to kid myself into thinking I didn't feel in the name of fashion.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 2:56 pm
Tx for the leads...

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 3:07 pm
Tx for posting
My daughter specified that she doesnt want messanger bag rather a "two handled bag that is worn on one shoulder"
Im hoping to find her something that she will like but on the lower end price rage..

SingALong

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 3:09 pm
Last year I got my dd, then in 6th grade, a lesport back pack, on clearance so I got a good price. It was a regular Knapsack style, 1 strap over each shoulder. She'll use it his yearsgsinand hopefully next year too!

I once got her a messenger bag style, but it was as big as a tote. It didn't work for her, it kept banging into her feet while she walked and it distributed the weight mostly on 1 shoulder. I bought her a standard back pack 1/2 way thru the school year.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 3:16 pm
I agree
My daughter doesnt

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 5:51 pm
amother wrote:
Tx for posting
My daughter specified that she doesnt want messanger bag rather a "two handled bag that is worn on one shoulder"
Im hoping to find her something that she will like but on the lower end price rage..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....=UTF8

I've seen bags similar in style to the one linked above. Ask your dd if this is what she meant. You can do an amazon search for "tote bags for school".

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:25 pm
Thank you

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 7:52 am
My daughter would like a bag like this or something like it
Were can I find this one or similar fir much less
I dont intend to pay this price for a bag

Thank you
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children