Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
No Howard Beach jogger suspects being spoken of in the news?

Mevater

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 12:35 pm
How is it possible that the female jogger who was killed and put up a struggle according to news reports, so the guy who did it must have had a scratched face etc, and not a soul saw anyone disheveled etc, in total daylight???

She went out for her jog at 5pm, and was found a few hours later, dead, so she was clearly killed in daylight hours, and the news hasnt reported a single person of interest? Howard Beach is some desolate area? I read the high bushes and weeds where she jogged cover up a lot, but the high class surrounding homes probably have monitors. Whoever committed the crime had to get past some homes in the area to exit the park.

This is puzzling.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 1:02 pm
I'm not in the area and just read a few news reports. This area abuts the HUGE Jamaica Bay sanctuary with an extremely wild park. There are short cuts which essentially might as well be wilderness just a few feet from the busy streets.

According to one article, there is a homeless encampment near by. Not that I am blaming anyone without proof but it appears that there is an ability to come and go in even a disheveled condition and not attract notice.

Also, and I am not in law enforcement so rely solely on crime novels and television shows, often the police have persons of interest and are following leads but this is not released to the public because they don't want information to leak. Whether this is true or not in this case, who knows.

Also, it's very difficut to find someone who commits a random murder because you don't have anyone to focus on. Serial murderers often operate for years without being caught because ther is no connection. And when caught, it is a complete fluke like when Son of Sam got a parking ticket and policeman wondered what the heck someone from Westchester was doing in Brooklyn in that isolated neighborhood.

Mevater

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 1:13 pm
I agree with above as far as how hard it is to solve a crime like this.

Makes me wonder how safe it really is for any woman to jog alone in a park, and if its any safer for even 2 women to jog together. Two attackers can attack two women and no one can see in a hidden area.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 1:21 pm
Statistically two women are going to be safe because predators go for the easiest prey. Even when serial killers work in partnership, they grab only one woman or man.

I think one should live a life of awareness without letting fear prevent one from living as fully as possible.

I used google to get a look at the area and the woman used very remote shortcuts which cut through the weeds. I am NOT blaming the victim because the area is low crime and who would assume the worst until it happens.

So common sense precautions like staying in the beaten trail or having a running buddy makes sense. Being completely paranoid, that serves no purpose.

When I used to walk and jog outdoors, I had issues with using my iPod for music. I can't exercise without music but I also was completely isolated from what was going on around me. Anyone could have snuck up on me because having been brought up in NYC, I do have an extremely developed awareness of what is going on around me even if I am not focusing on it so being cut off was a bit scary.

Of course I was walking in extremely populated areas so it wasn't an issue but I would have been very hesitant to cut myself off if I were in an area that was deserted or off the beaten track.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 3:03 pm
If they do have any DNA, it's possible the person the DNA belongs to isn't in the system. It could be someone who is a loner and a nomad who has already left the area. It's really very sad. I hope she gets justice. I hope it doesn't turn into a cold case.

Mevater

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 3:24 pm
Update:

Of the 70 tips that have since come in to the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline, the department has "about 12 open" for further investigation after "vetting" each one, the NYPD said Wednesday.
Detectives are now focused on "trying to figure out where the perpetrator entered and exited the park," said NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce.

http://abc7ny.com/news/dad-of-.....4923/

EnnuiGalore

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 1:28 am

Also, and I am not in law enforcement so rely solely on crime novels and television shows, often the police have persons of interest and are following leads but this is not released to the public because they don't want information to leak. Whether this is true or not in this case, who knows.

Dang, you ARE good. Nice summary! 👍🏼 hope they find the psycho.

Water Stones

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 1:38 am
mistake to write this rumor sorry

Last edited by Water Stones on Fri, Aug 19 2016, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

EnnuiGalore

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 1:45 am
Seashells wrote:
Its a mafia. The girl been a victim of her father owes money and he told a lied about a mafia man. My DH said it the father got a date to fix a roof but it really to fight a man and he said no. And he got a warning. So he got afraid to tell his daughter to don't go there and she said on but she went there for her exercise. My DH business sell to the father named Phil.
I said to my DH please don't do that business to the mafia people please.

This a. Makes very little sense b. Sounds like the rumor mill to me and c. Seems unlikely because mob hits almost never include s-xual assault.

Water Stones

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 1:52 am
mistake sorry

Last edited by Water Stones on Fri, Aug 19 2016, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Water Stones

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 1:59 am
mistake sorry

out-of-towner

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 9:19 am
Sometimes there is reason for a media gag, like if they have leads and publicize them it will be easier for the perp to get away, so they don't publicize them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics