Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Please help me vaccinate my children

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:46 am
I am starting this thread with some trepidation. I hate the vaccination threads on Imamother and I hate the attitudes and language that comes out in them. But I need some help, and I wanted to ask somewhere where I can get a lot of input.

Please, please, PLEASE keep this thread civil! I am asking for help sincerely here. Before you post, just know that one bit of bashing or name calling and I will ignore your post completely. I very firmly believe that if someone is unable to make their case without yelling and swearing then they have no real leg to stand on and they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm giving you all the opportunity to help a family here, please don't bash and be mean, please help me out if you can. Thank you. Smile

So, our children are not vaccinated and we are looking to start getting them vaccinated. Our oldest is over 9, so there is some catch up to do. I am looking for the best information on how to start vaccinating late and also if anyone knows of any doctors in northern NJ who are friendly to non-vaxxers and will help me get my children caught up without reading me the riot act every time I bring one of my children in. I just have no patience with dealing with people's emotions right now, I've just been through some major upheavel in my life and I'm looking to move on from here. I'm not apologizing for my past, I'm just working as hard as I can to make my future the best it can be from here. Thumbs Up

If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. TIA! Smile

rydys

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:56 am
I'm a doctor in NY who is a firm believer in vaccinating and I work with parents on making them comfortable with the process all the time. With parents who are concerned or nervous and starting late, I usually start by giving one vaccine at a time over a few months. This involves coming in frequently but makes the parents more comfortable.

It takes the body approximately 2 weeks to finish "processing" a vaccine, so I have them come in every 2 weeks until we are caught up. There are some vaccines that cannot be given if started late and some that need less doses, so it may be different for different children depending on their ages.

For most kids I start with the Dtap vaccine because kids are prone to injury. From there I go on to whichever disease they are most at risk for, depending on age.

If you want to PM me I can help you work out a schedule for each of your kids to get them caught up. If you want to do more than one vaccine at a time, we can do that, too.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
I am starting this thread with some trepidation. I hate the vaccination threads on Imamother and I hate the attitudes and language that comes out in them. But I need some help, and I wanted to ask somewhere where I can get a lot of input.

Please, please, PLEASE keep this thread civil! I am asking for help sincerely here. Before you post, just know that one bit of bashing or name calling and I will ignore your post completely. I very firmly believe that if someone is unable to make their case without yelling and swearing then they have no real leg to stand on and they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm giving you all the opportunity to help a family here, please don't bash and be mean, please help me out if you can. Thank you. Smile

So, our children are not vaccinated and we are looking to start getting them vaccinated. Our oldest is over 9, so there is some catch up to do. I am looking for the best information on how to start vaccinating late and also if anyone knows of any doctors in northern NJ who are friendly to non-vaxxers and will help me get my children caught up without reading me the riot act every time I bring one of my children in. I just have no patience with dealing with people's emotions right now, I've just been through some major upheavel in my life and I'm looking to move on from here. I'm not apologizing for my past, I'm just working as hard as I can to make my future the best it can be from here. Thumbs Up

If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. TIA! Smile

Hi OP- I have not vaccinated my children and have been deliberating about starting the process - do you mind me asking why you have decided to do this now?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:54 am
rydys wrote:
I'm a doctor in NY who is a firm believer in vaccinating and I work with parents on making them comfortable with the process all the time. With parents who are concerned or nervous and starting late, I usually start by giving one vaccine at a time over a few months. This involves coming in frequently but makes the parents more comfortable.

It takes the body approximately 2 weeks to finish "processing" a vaccine, so I have them come in every 2 weeks until we are caught up. There are some vaccines that cannot be given if started late and some that need less doses, so it may be different for different children depending on their ages.

For most kids I start with the Dtap vaccine because kids are prone to injury. From there I go on to whichever disease they are most at risk for, depending on age.

If you want to PM me I can help you work out a schedule for each of your kids to get them caught up. If you want to do more than one vaccine at a time, we can do that, too.

Thank you for your kind reply. Smile

I don't want to pm because I don't want to put my screen name, but I set up an anonymous email if you could email me there? It's amothermisty@outlook.com
I have lots of questions for you if you are up for emailing.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 5:02 am
amother wrote:
Hi OP- I have not vaccinated my children and have been deliberating about starting the process - do you mind me asking why you have decided to do this now?

I'd rather not talk about it publically here, but if you want to email me at the anonnymous email I put in my last post I'm more comfortable answering there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics