Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
When do u get the 1st pair of shoes?

Debbig

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 5:08 pm
My dd is 13 months she just started walking. For the last 5 days she has only been walking no crawling. When should I take her to get shoes?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 5:21 pm
You can wait quite a bit. It's good to walk barefoot, the feedback from the ground helps her balance and traction.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 5:26 pm
I take once the child has been exclusively walking for about a week and a half to two weeks.

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 5:27 pm
DS is much older and does not walk on his own yet but as per his PT's advice he should be walking as much as possible with me or DH. I call it bootcamp. In the grocery store, the sidewalk, getting a coffee instead of carrying him in, he has to walk so I got him shoes. I dont want him barefoot in starbucks or on the sidewalk. Its definitely made a difference.

momsrus

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 5:29 pm
I found they outgrew the first pair of shoes very fast. Some of my kids first pair lasted for one month before they outgrew it.

At this point I would wait for the new season.

busydev

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 7:11 pm
I use robeez (or the cheaper ministar brand) for outside until they have been solidly walking a few months. Barefoot/more flexibility is better for their feet. My dd is 14 mo and has been walking for a month. I'll probably be getting her shoes at the outlet mall on the way to my in-laws for succos/winter and use the suede ministar ones till then.

My nephew started walking much later (was barely cruising at 16 mo) and at that point my sil was told to get him shoes cause they will help him walk better but at younger then 16/18mo shoes don't usually help them walk better- just keep their feet clean and uninjured. that's what she was told anyway....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics