Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
LEAKS THROUGH DIAPER EVERY NIGHT...
1  2  Next

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:13 pm
has anyone else ever had this?? My 6 month old wakes up wet all the way up to her chest! Her diapers fit her perfectly, so that's not the issue. Is it just a stage we have to go thru? When she wakes up in middle of the night crying, even tho were trying to sleep train,we have to go in there cuz we know she's soaking and really needs a change. Then sometimes she's wet all over again in morning...this does NOT happen during the day, so I don't think it's a medical issue cv, I think it happens because she's laying down. But I can't imagine it happens to every baby! Any suggestions??

cheerios

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:15 pm
Maybe try other brands? I've had leaks every time I used huggies. I switched to pampers.

Moonlight

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:17 pm
I would really recommend trying a different brand or size of diaper. This doesn't make sense.
Is it because the diaper is super saturated or is she missing the absorbant part?
You can also try double diapering

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:20 pm
We didn't like huggies either, using pampers cruisers.

tryinghard

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:23 pm
Use overnight diapers - or double diaper

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:25 pm
I was thinking double diaper but we really can't afford to spend extra..diapers are expensive!! Do overnight diapers really do the job?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:25 pm
I've had this.

Try

Lots of different brands to see what works for you
Two diapers
Inserting a pad designed for incontinence inside the diaper
Plastic pants

These ideas might not work, they didn't always for us. Our doctor tested the kd for diabetes but BH he doesn't have it.

Good luck

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:27 pm
Thanks! Interesting ideas Smile

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:40 pm
Definitely try an overnight diaper- we use Pampers baby dry and you can even size up from whatever size they wear during the day. My baby would be soaked every morning without them.

rachel6543

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:58 pm
Try the overnight diaper. They work.

Also, you might want to try a size larger. When my son was a baby, when his diaper started leaking, I found moving up to the next size usually solved the issue.

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:00 pm
I use huggies overnite and am very happy

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:00 pm
better brand or bigger size

back in the day sizes were limited to s m l - now they have sizes in between 1 2 3 4 5

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:13 pm
It's funny cuz what worked for some of my kids didn't work for others. I don't know if they changed how they made the diapers or the kids were just built different. But I can tell you that if you are using a diaper that leaks every night, stop using it!!!

Here's what I would do:

1- Go up a size for the night.

2- Try a new brand that is meant for "overnight". The last one that I used was from rite aid. They have their own brand called " tugaboos". Get the overnight one. Since it's an off brand you are usually saving money.

3- double the diaper. Half the time the top diaper will still be usable since it wont always leak.

This really works! Get ready for a better night's sleep!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:14 pm
greenfire wrote:
better brand or bigger size

back in the day sizes were limited to s m l - now they have sizes in between 1 2 3 4 5

S M L - lol! which century are you from??? Just joking.... LOL

rachaelle

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:25 pm
Pampers swaddlers are better quality than the baby dry.

Also, make sure you close the diaper tight- make sure there isnt space on top

Tugaboos are cheap, thin, flimsy....dont recommend, especially for overnight

Maybe try the next size diaper just for the night? And keep using what youre using for the day

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:12 pm
try pampers swaddlers.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 12:01 am
Diapers cost around 33 cents a piece. Do people really count pennies when deciding how/how often to diaper their babies?

lucky14

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 12:18 am
amother wrote:
Diapers cost around 33 cents a piece. Do people really count pennies when deciding how/how often to diaper their babies?

when your baby goes through so many of them and you don't have a huge budget then yes. But only to a certain extent hopefully.
But to the original poster, if double diapering is the only thing that works (I've never heard or thought of doing that btw), then it really isn't wasting a diaper since you're saying you end up having to change the diaper in the middle of the night anyway.

I also found when my baby started leaking in the night that going up a size fixed that. And of course making sure that you're closing it tight enough (but if you never had this issue before you prob. are).

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 12:30 am
There is something called underpads that you put underneath the baby to absorb the extra liquid.

https://www.amazon.com/MCK1341.....D2AWI

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 12:58 am
I had a similar issue with my son at that age. We changed to pampers swaddlers and went up a size.
It didn't completely fix the prob but it mostly did
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics