Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Fisher Paykel double dishwasher
1  2  Next

L K

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:34 pm
I've seen some people here mention they had this type of dishwasher and were happy. I'm concerned though about a very high rate of negative reviews on Amazon.

Any advice?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:38 pm
A friend of mine has it, and she LOOOOOOVES it! It can even be kashered for Pesach, if you buy a separate set of racks for it.

This is my dream dishwasher, I just wish I could afford it. *sigh*

L K

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:42 pm
It sure looks attractive (I won't comment on the price, it's insane) but look at the reviews, tons of people write it plain doesn't work:

https://www.amazon.com/DishDra.....KON9O

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:22 pm
Ok, so this dishwasher used to be manufactured in New Zealand and I believe a few years ago they moved manufacture to China and that's when the problems started. They also have problems with their ovens. (OTOH I have F&P refrigerators and washing machine and am very happy, particular with customer service., and my MIL has the double drawer and is very happy, do I guess it just depends. Hers may be one of the last NZ models. She is not happy with her F&P oven).

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 1:43 am
I have them and love them. I use one for milchigs and one for pareve. They broke right away but I had a warranty and the company replaced them, no questions asked. Since then, it's all good.

I use them all the time. If there were other half sized drawers out there, I would consider them. The size is great, because in my house, it would take a long time to fill a large milchigs dishwasher.

Mine don't have stainless steel interiors, so I don't kasher them for Pesach.

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 6:34 am
I had a few of them I just love them but they break all the time! If out of warranty their very expensive to fix not all repair people fix them. I would never buy again the reviews are on target terrible dish washer!

shoshana2

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 6:39 am
Terrible dishwasher - breaks and too expensive to fix!
Mine is sitting dormant in my kitchen.

L K

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 9:41 am
That's disappointing, I was anticipating that such dishwasher would solve my problem of forever accumulating parve pots and Milchig dishes. "Recalculating"

Has anyone come up with some alternative when you f&p went?

Last edited by L K on Wed, Aug 17 2016, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 9:42 am
Mine works really well- very happy.

L K

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:17 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Mine works really well- very happy.

Is yours an older one?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:55 am
L K wrote:
That's disappointing, I was anticipating that such dishwasher would solve my problem of forever accumulating parve pots and Milchig dishes. "Recalculating"

Has anyone come up with some alternative when you f&p went?

I have never owned dish drawers, but I do space planning and kitchen design. There used to be another brand or two of dishwasher drawers but no longer.

Other options? 18" dishwashers? GE's undersink DW (has some special requirements)? https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-......html

Or possibly you could install one of these in a cabinet: https://www.amazon.com/SPT-SD-.....rawer

And my Rabbi allows using the same DW for both fleishik and pareve (or milchik and pareve) with no waiting between loads. Might be worth asking your LOR.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:15 pm
Ugh. Made in China, and 49% one star reviews. I am really sad now. Sad

Thanks for the thread, this saved me from making a $2,000 mistake.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:30 pm
L K wrote:
Is yours an older one?

No, it's about 3 years old. It's great for smaller loads (we eat less dairy than meat so we have a full size GE for meat), happy with both.

L K

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:10 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Ugh. Made in China, and 49% one star reviews. I am really sad now. Sad

Thanks for the thread, this saved me from making a $2,000 mistake.

Sharing your sadness ((

What do you think of getting instead of a double one?

c899

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 9:40 pm
Bumping. Anyone else have experience with this doshwasher or has something else to recommend in order to have a smaller milchig dishwasher and the option for a half fleishig/pareve dishwasher?

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:15 pm
I have one - the one I currently have is 10 years old and works well. This is my second one (I out on into my previous house as well). I wanted a dairy and Parve dishwasher - I addition to a regular size meat one. I am very happy with it - the cycle is relatively short (unlike my meat one which goes on forever) and it gets my dishes clean. Onviously, the compartments are small, so I often need to run more than one load at a time (my household is on the larger side). The inside is plastic on mine and are not the sturdiest.

MitzadSheini

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 1:15 am
amother wrote:
I have one - the one I currently have is 10 years old and works well......

OP and others please see my post above. 10 years ago they were still made in NZ, now they are made in China. My understanding is that the quality is SIGNIFICANTLY different.

smileyfaces

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 6:18 am
I know someone who has one and it works well. I would buy one if I ever needed a new dishwasher since we only have a meat one and it would be nice to have milk as well.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 6:36 am
dancingqueen wrote:
No, it's about 3 years old.....

According to Wikipedia Haier bought out most of F&P in 2012. It took a while for them to move production though, so "about 3 years old", written some months ago, COULD have in fact still been manufacture in NZ.

chayamiriam

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 6:53 am
I hate this dishwasher and I have the better quality one for NZ. Its wonderful for dairy and meat and cleans dishes very well, but constantly breaks and is extremely expensive to fix. Yes the customer service is nice and friendly but they are not fixing it for you! There are also not a lot of companies who do fix it and when they do you will pay dearly for it. It has negative reviews for a reason I wish I listened to them. Now this dishwasher is just sitting in my kitchen looking pretty!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen