Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Schools in Miami

happyfrum1

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:39 pm
Hi,

We are thinking to move to Miami in few months and I would love to find out about different options for schooling in the area. I read all the related forums. So far the three options we have are Yeshiva elementary, Toras Emes and Hebrew Academy. We are just plain from family. Right our kids are at Yeshiva style school in a different city which we like a lot. But we are realizing that we are lacking in the secular studies area and social activities like sports, clubs etc. I know the Hebrew Academy is a modern orthodox school which is not our ideal school but also hear that most of the kids there are from frum families which is the selling point for us. We are thinking about moving to Bay/ Bal Harbour area. I would really love to hear from parents who sends their kids to these schools and tell me about their experience.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:28 pm
IMO
Yeshiva Elementary=Yeshivish, girls N-5, boys N-12
Toras Emes=Orthodox Chafetz Chaim style -5, boys N-12
Hebrew Academy=very mo
Lubavitch Educational Center

Basis Yaacov= starts at 6 grade
Sharee Bina= starts at 6 grade (smaller classes then BY)

happyfrum1

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 2:28 am
Thanks for the reply. What do u mean by Hebrew Academy very MO? Are girls and boys are mixed in the classroom? I think their website says they are separated. How strong or weak the judaic studies are? And what percent of the kids come from from families? Anyone know?

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 4:49 am
I can only answer from years ago when my sister went there.
Mixed secular, separate Judaic studies.
Lots of kids from traditional Cuban homes-- called Jubans back in the day. Didn't want their kids to intermarry, but didn't keep Shabbos etc.
Now I think it's probably 60% completely Orthodox parent body with the other 40% ranging in how traditional they are.
Also, I disagree with how the poster above rated the schools-- Yeshiva Elementary is warm and open-- most of the parent body is frum but not all are yeshivish and that's ok. Toras Emes/Toras Chaim-- under the auspices of Chofetz Chaim are not nearly as open minded or warm hearted-- much more typical NY "yeshivish"

happyfrum1

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:00 pm
Any Hebrew Academy parents here or yeshiva elementary? We will be living in Bay / Bal Harbour area so it is very important to me to know where most of the neighbors kids will be going to school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating