Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Lakewood - ISO Everyday Dress

debsey

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 1:00 pm
Where can I find one of those cotton handkerchief hem dresses, made out of a sufficiently strong/durable/good quality cotton that it doesn't cling too much?

I'm pregnant but someone told me you don't have to get maternity sizes in the dresses, they're great for everyone

Any suggestions?

debsey

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 5:54 am
Bump

Dayzmom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 6:29 am
JupeNYC.com

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 6:43 am
Gallery collection near shlomies the next shop over. The owner is so nice and has so much patience I never had such an experience in Lakewood before. Also if you give her a check she won't cash it for two days so you can return that's also unusual for Lakewood. This way you have time to try it on for other opinions of you are that type and you don't have to rush back to store. She also gives a two day return for sale items which most stores have final sale.

Also Brooklyn southwest has these dresses too but there no one helps you. I knew what I was looking for and I asked sales lady and she pointed in direction couldn't even bother walking over I went back to her and she said over there I couldn't find it so I just left. I wish I knew who owner was to let her know to hire people that actually help customers.

But gallery collections is my first pleasant shopping experience in Lakewood. I hope other stores follow her.

sky

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 7:27 am
amother wrote:

Also Brooklyn southwest has these dresses too but there no one helps you. I knew what I was looking for and I asked sales lady and she pointed in direction couldn't even bother walking over I went back to her and she said over there I couldn't find it so I just left. I wish I knew who owner was to let her know to hire people that actually help customers.

I've never been to the Gallery and I"m sure they are wonderful.
But I actually find the staff at BSW VERY helpful. I just needed to buy a wedding top, and I don't have a great figure and the girl spent a lot of time finding me a top - I think she gave me like 30 to try on - all reasonably priced.
It was a Sunday morning, the store was mobbed and there was a lot of saleswomen going around offering help. I find them very helpful.
(FYI - I was not paid by BSW to write this, just felt it was distasteful and l'h to badmouth a store based on one experience)

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 7:46 am
Sky my experience was before pesach shopping. I know it's a crazy season and I know Brooklyn southwest is so busy that they don't need the customers. But I need help I get overwhelmed walking. Into a store and seeing so many racks. I had a few friends also leave Brooklyn southwest before pesach. Bh they are busy you
Can wait twenty minutes just to pay in that store. The cashiers were making fun how busy it was that they said they took pics to show their friends as if the merchandise was free in that store.

It could be its different in a different time of year.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:08 am
I've also found Brooklyn SW to be very helpful, and in fact I often shop there, especially for basics, because I'm likely to actually walk out with something (saving me a trip to somewhere else). There's one salesperson whom I think recognizes me by now (well, there's me plus two teens!) and I find she really makes an effort to help me out (maybe I should show her appreciation, something more than just thank you so much....)

Now to the topic, Debsey, would you try Amazon? I found my girls dresses on Amazon, for about $20-$25. They were down to the floor so I had to hem them, which is good anyway because that way I can make them the right length....loads of color choices. Look for a dress that has free return shipping, and our experience is that the run SMALL so size up.

I got this for DD in olive green and in navy, but she's like a size 0 negative, and went with the medium.....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

My sis go this in teal. This one ran even a little big, actually, so DD's couldn't get it (too big):

A little different, runs small.

sky

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:08 am
Yeah, I don't step foot in any store in Lakewood within a month of any yom tov, its a disaster.
Glad to hear there are stores that are not for me to try in the future, thanks.

debsey

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:24 am
Thanks everyone. I'm going to try that Gallery store since I am going to be near Shloimy's tomorrow anyway.

Chayalle - I tried to order some dresses from Amazon but most of them were such flimsy cotton they clung. I'm in love with online shopping - it is a lifesaver, but this time I think I need to go to the store and try it on.

Thanks, everyone. If not Gallery, I'll try BSW because I'll be near there. I just get overwhelmed in really big, busy stores. Maybe it will be less crowded because ppl are on vacation? Who knows. I just really want a comfy dress.

kollel wife

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 9:30 am
Polka Dot has dresses - not sure if they're clingy - but probably expensive. I know someone who bought two there for maternity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics