Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
School uniform jumpers - brand/where to buy?

spring13

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 1:36 pm
My daughter is 6, about a size 7/8, average build. She can wear any navy jumper as part of her school uniform, and she's been asking for one (I already got a couple of skirts). What brands have people bought online that turned out to be long enough? Have you had success just buying a larger size from somewhere like Children's Place without it looking shlumpy? I see a nice Nautica one for a good price at Macy's but it's so hard to tell if it will cover her knees or not!

sky

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 1:50 pm
I haven't ordered uniforms from lands end but I remember seeing that they were introducing below the knees styles, but I don't know how it runs.

ETA: never mind, it looks like just skirts are below the knee, not jumpers.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 2:44 pm
In my experience the online jumpers do not work because if you size up in order for the knees to be covered, the jumpers look wide and messy. (We tried a number of brands.)
There is a store in brooklyn that carries a very neat looking jumper than we bought from. The material pimpled after a year but I still bought again from them the next year because styles from other stores were really horrible and looked terrible.

gande

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 3:02 pm
Engelic Uniforms has a website. I loved my daughters jumper later year. I got the style with the buttons on shoulder. They ran true to size. Also the fact that u can move up the button instead of hemming is a huge plus.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children