Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Kosher Peppermint Oil Capsules?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 5:27 pm
Does anyone know where I can get Kosher peppermint oil capsules? My dd's GI told her to try it, but I was told locally that they don't exist in kosher. I found some on a UK website, but they don't ship overseas.

I'm in Lakewood, I have someone in Monsey who can pick it up for me or I would be glad to order them online. Thanks.

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 9:44 pm
I wonder if you can buy enteric-coated capsules to make it yourself. I've done DIY oil capsules, you can buy empty capsules at a health food store but I'm not sure it's the type that's meant for this use - I just did a quick google and it says for IBS it's important to have it coated to get down intact. If you do figure out how to DIY, make sure the oil you're using is very pure and very high quality, otherwise you don't want it in your body. I have seen a lot of junky oil and now I only use one brand that I've had good experiences with and has a solid reputation (and a hechsher.)

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 7:10 am
Thanks seeker. I would be nervous to do it myself, I'm not the health food type, and I don't know anything about these kind of things. The only peppermint oil my local health food store carries says it's not ingestible.

tichellady

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 7:18 am
Not sure what you mean by kosher- you mean the coating needs to be kosher as in vegetarian gelatin or it actually needs to be certified kosher by a kashrut agency.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 8:14 am
Thanks tichellady, I didn't think of looking for vegetarian capsules. I just checked a few and they said the capsules were made from animal product, but I'm going to keep checking, if they can make them in England, they can make them in the U.S. (hopefully).

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 10:12 am
Young Living peppermint oil is approved for internal use, the only issue is whether the DIY vegetarian capsules are enteric. It's really very easy to put together the capsules once you find the components. It also shouldn't be so hard to find a vegetarian version here... good luck.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 3:10 pm
What is it good for

Teomima

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 12:59 pm
I did a quick Google search and found veggie capsulated peppermint oil available for international shipping from https://www.naturesbest.co.uk

Just because it's made in the UK doesn't necessarily mean you can find it in the States. The UK is well known for having online chemists and people commonly order products from there. Meanwhile in the States my sister couldn't find a simple medication that is readily available otc here in Israel. But if you were to insist on finding it in the States, why not just go to a compounding pharmacy? Not always cheap, but it may still be cheaper than international delivery charges.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics