Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO a speech therapist sucessful with apraxia

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 7:36 pm
Any help will be appreciated. DD has therapy through CPSE, without to much progress and is extremely frustrated with the fact that its hard for others to understand her. I would like to get her more help now when she young since its easiest to correct speech then, plus its effecting her self esteem, and kids have made fun of her a few times.

Its not easy for me to afford this, so once I'm paying, I really want to make sure its a top therapist so I'm not throwing out money. I heard that prompt is suppose to be pretty effective with this, so I would prefer a therapist familiar with that.

Any recommendations would be very appreciated.

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:36 pm
Where are you located?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 9:38 pm
Brooklyn

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 6:11 pm
bump

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 7:24 pm
As someone in the preschool field, I would recommend Aliza Bojman, Leah Freier, Yaffa Schorr, Chanie Schorr, Perri Hecht, and Hentzy Eisner. They are all top therapists. I have phone numbers if you need...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 7:25 pm
I forgot Esther Katzenstein. She's also really good and has a great personality.

Leahh

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 8:22 pm
amother wrote:
As someone in the preschool field, I would recommend Aliza Bojman, Leah Freier, Yaffa Schorr, Chanie Schorr, Perri Hecht, and Hentzy Eisner. They are all top therapists. I have phone numbers if you need...

I'm not the op but I would like phone numbers please. I am not amother so you can pm me.

miami85

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 9:00 pm
As a mother dealing with this too, I have found that my child has the most consistent progress when he's on a fish oil supplement, and every time I get lazy and I think it's all "smoke an mirrors" so I stop giving it to him, I notice that his progress stagnates. When he's back on it, his progress resumes. I can't explain it but it works!

Pooh

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 5:46 am
Not op but would also would like phone numbers. Dd also has apraxia

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 6:35 am
amother wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations. Do you know if any/or do they all have specific experience with apraxia? Are any of them familiar with prompt? (if you don't know, thanks for the recommendations anyway - its a big help - I can call them and ask if need be). Are you able to post numbers?

miami85 - that sounds interesting. Maybe I'll try it - it cant hurt.

To those whos kids also have apraxia - not happy they have it, but it feels nice not to be alone - I don't know anyone else whos kids have it.

cheese cake

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 1:02 pm
Try Speechlearn 718-436-3640

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 8:05 am
Thanks

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 7:14 pm
Anyone interested in starting some kind of private forum for children with apraxia? Would love to connect more, share experiences, ups and downs, etc with others who can relate.

Anyone heard of the Kaufman center in Detroit?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 9:44 pm
Anyone heard of shaindy Lissouer? She was recommended to me but only takes cash and is very expensive

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 7:36 am
OP, I have phone numbers. Am I allowed to post them here or do I need to PM you?

bnm

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:55 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone interested in starting some kind of private forum for children with apraxia? Would love to connect more, share experiences, ups and downs, etc with others who can relate.

Anyone heard of the Kaufman center in Detroit?

Yes, a speech therapist mentioned it to me but at that point my son made enough progress so I didn't feel it was necessary. It sounds like an amazing program.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Sep 17 2016, 8:51 pm
amother wrote:

I would love that

amother wrote:
OP, I have phone numbers. Am I allowed to post them here or do I need to PM you?

I don't think its a problem to post here - I've seen others post numbers before. Do you know if any of them have specific experience with apraxia? Thanks for your help.
amother wrote:
Anyone heard of shaindy Lissouer? She was recommended to me but only takes cash and is very expensive
Did you find out anything else about her?

Leahh

Post Sat, Sep 17 2016, 8:55 pm
I have some information on a wonderful therapist in Brooklyn but am not comfortable posting on here. If you're interested you can pm me.

bnm

Post Sat, Sep 17 2016, 9:04 pm
I have heard of Shaindy Lissauer, she is supposed to be very good.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Sep 20 2016, 5:57 pm
ok, so I created a blog page for those mother of children with apraxia who want to join. The link is http://momsspeak.freeforums.net/. I have never done this before so if it looks kinda amateur you'll know why. Feel free to pm me with any criticism. Meet you there!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries