Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Inexpensive wig?

seeker

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 3:50 pm
I've always been a staunch tichel-wearer but I work in a place where it really doesn't go well. I tried hats but it's really not my style. I'm thinking maybe it's time to try a shaitel again. Maybe a fall so I can still have a visible covering and might not be as heavy and bothersome around the hairline - one of the reasons I really never wear a shaitel is sensory, I have one that I got before I got married but even though it took a lot of doing to find one that looked like it would work out, I still never got comfortable with it. That plus the fact that I have close to zero sense of style makes me wary of ordering something cheap online. I remembered hearing of a shaitel consignment but I looked it up online and it says prices start at $500. Sorry but that is not a bargain on my budget! I get if they're reselling $2000 wigs then that's a big markdown, but what about selling cheap wigs cheap? Does anyone do that? I need comfortable and I'd like to look nice but I don't need anything fancy or expensive. A headband fall with a pony would probably be just about perfect for being reasonably comfortable at work while still fitting in.

Give me a clue, please. The school year is starting soon!

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 3:53 pm
I have heard fantastic things about Doppleganger Wigs which is a wig consigner. https://www.facebook.com/doppelgangerwig/

She seems to have a big mix of styles, prices and offers payment plans.

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 3:55 pm
Also, I hated my sheital and almost never wore it until I had an unfortunate incident with knots when DS was a newborn and had to have my hair thinned out. Its not short just much thinner. The hair stylist told me I would love wearing a wig now and she is right. Its like 50x more comfortable and I wear a sheital almost every day now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels