Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Behavioral modification program

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 19 2016, 4:37 pm
Looking urgently for a behavioral mod. Program reccomendation for a teenager with severe untreated ASD and ODD/behavioral issues. Something structured with ABA or something along lines of boot camp where there is emphasis on rules and compliance. Is there such a thing? Please guide me on where to find help asap.

wondergirl

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 9:33 pm
amother wrote:
Looking urgently for a behavioral mod. Program reccomendation for a teenager with severe untreated ASD and ODD/behavioral issues. Something structured with ABA or something along lines of boot camp where there is emphasis on rules and compliance. Is there such a thing? Please guide me on where to find help asap.

There is a free program in America where they focus on compliance, it is called prison. Or the army. Either way, it is not appropriate for someone like your daughter so please don't place her in a program where they will treat her like she is some kind of robot as it will only hurt her. She needs to be able to be herself and have the ability to say no to things that make her uncomfortable (within reason of course otherwise known as having healthy boundaries and self-awareness) instead of just being forced to submit to others without question. Maybe try a Son Rise program instead of ABA-- http://www.autismtreatmentcent.....m.php

Whatever you do, research the program you want to put her in to ensure that she will not be abused by counselors/teachers who force "compliance"--

https://unstrangemind.wordpres.....dont/

https://loveexplosions.net/201.....able/

debsey

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 9:42 pm
amother wrote:

There is a program in far rockaway - the diamond program - maybe call Darchei and find out if it is appropriate.

ABA did wonders for my son! I'm just going to encourage you to stick with your instincts and not try unproven methodologies.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 10:52 pm
The diamond program is supposed to be good. Please don't consider boot camp. My son went to the "jewish boot camp" 3 yrs ago and were still dealing with the trauma of it today. I don't think they helped a single child. All I know of resorted back to their previous behavior or worse. Quick solutions are never the effective ones. Sounds great on paper though.

tf

Post Sat, Aug 20 2016, 11:51 pm
Son Rise program. It won't be fast, but you definitely won't be disappointed. Look it up online and check reviews and comparisons.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 11:57 am
I am checking out Son Rise program but am confused about it. Is it training for children ir parents? Cant find much info on the site. The child in question is over 18... Can I get more info? I see they have a base in Massachussetts do u travel there?

tf

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 12:31 pm
They have an introduction package that they send you if you ask for it. Get it. It doesn't require you sign up for anything or pay any fees. I saw it and evaluated their mehalech. Check it out so you can make your decision with harchuves hadaas.

debsey

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 1:07 pm
amother wrote:
The diamond program is supposed to be good. Please don't consider boot camp. My son went to the "jewish boot camp" 3 yrs ago and were still dealing with the trauma of it today. I don't think they helped a single child. All I know of resorted back to their previous behavior or worse. Quick solutions are never the effective ones. Sounds great on paper though.

What's the "Jewish Boot Camp" program? Never heard of this? Is this Mrs. Plaut's program?

imasinger

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 1:13 pm
Any behavior mod program of this nature should include parent training. OP, where are you located?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics