Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
"thigh-high"? hose

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:05 am
I was not sure where to put this question...in fashion or tzniut or something in the Israel section. Not sure because it crosses lots of areas.

I hate wearing pantyhose and especially in the summer.

But recently I've come to the realization that knee highs are really not working properly for me anymore. When I sit down, I feel like I always have to be conscious of whether the band on my knee highs is showing.

I was helping out a charedi lady with laundry and I noticed she had L O N G "knee highs". At first, I thought it was because she was tall, but then it occurred to me that they were just LONG!

So I started looking for them and I found them in Jerusalem. I was very excited. They were really good quality and they worked perfectly and also stayed up high above my knee.

There is only one issue and that's what I'm asking y'all about. At the top, they tend to start rolling. There is no fear of them sliding down, but the more they roll, the tighter they are around my thigh which can become uncomfortable, and I'm afraid, down right dangerous if they cut off circulation. You cannot adjust them in public.

Is there any secret as to how to position them (hope I don't sound stupid) so that they don't roll?

I'll be amazed if any of you imamothers out there have experience with these!! But other than the rolling, they are VERY COMFY for me!

israel22

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:07 am
just curious which brand do you buy? I find its hard to find the thickness I want so curious what your wearing. what I do that sometimes helps is I cut a little bit on the top part like the elastic area and that makes it more comfy sometimes help wiht the rolling sometimes not such just an idea

syrima

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:10 am
Yep same problem here. I was into them during pregnancy but they tend to roll down.
Recently I tried them again and same thing happened. I guess you really need a garter belt to keep them in place.

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:17 am
israel22 wrote:
just curious which brand do you buy? I find its hard to find the thickness I want so curious what your wearing. what I do that sometimes helps is I cut a little bit on the top part like the elastic area and that makes it more comfy sometimes help wiht the rolling sometimes not such just an idea

"Long Donna" from Italy and it says "Schreiber" on the package. I didn't realize until later that there are different numbers like 40 or 60 for "denier" (spelling?) Mine are 40.

israel22

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:19 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
"Long Donna" from Italy and it says "Schreiber" on the package. I didn't realize until later that there are different numbers like 40 or 60 for "denier" (spelling?) Mine are 40.

what color is the pkg? I think thats the kind I use thnxs!

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:19 am
syrima wrote:
Yep same problem here. I was into them during pregnancy but they tend to roll down.
Recently I tried them again and same thing happened. I guess you really need a garter belt to keep them in place.

Is a garter belt a band that you put around the top of the hose or is it the thing that goes around your waist and you attach the hose? I feel like I'm visiting a few decades ago ; )

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:20 am
israel22 wrote:
what color is the pkg? I think thats the kind I use thnxs!

Basically a light blue package with a darker blue strip at one side.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:22 am
It likely comes from being too tight. I don't pull mine up that high so they're still in place but. It too tight that I would roll.

Or it could just be the brand.

israel22

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 7:23 am
Maya wrote:
It likely comes from being too tight. I don't pull mine up that high so they're still in place but. It too tight that I would roll.

Or it could just be the brand.

so if thats the case cut a slit on the top part and it shud be more comfy and not slide

myname1

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 11:54 am
Could be a dangerous suggestion, but I used to put a big rubber band at the top and roll them a bit over it. It did work. Guess it depends how big your thighs are though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics