Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Renovations- where to put the garbage?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 10:29 am
I'm looking for a good place to put the garbage when renovating my kitchen. Everyone I talk to says don't do a pull out. It's too small for a large family. Or it's inconvenient.
Everyone ends up just using a regular garbage bin after making a pullout or an undersink garbage.
Are there any other options?
What do you have? And are you happy with it?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 10:33 am
Where is your sink? If you have two corner sinks, pullouts under each one are amazing. It's the most useful location when busy in the kitchen (under the sink) and most useful use of that cabinet space.

gp2.0

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 11:36 am
I regret not doing a pull out. As it is, I have an extra bottom cabinet that I don't need for anything else and I just keep the trash can in there without the pull out. Hate having the trash can out in middle of the kitchen.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 11:38 am
Under a counter overhang (no cabinet) but near sinks works really well. My trash and recycling are open bins at one end of my island. The pareve island is my main prep area and the trash is very close to both sinks (the sinks are not in the island).

SingALong

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 12:59 pm
I have a pullout for garbage and recycling.

Pros: I like having the garbage neat and tucked away. I always know where my garbage can is.

Cons: the cabinet frequently gets dirty and it's hard to clean. A regular garbage I can hose down outside. It breaks often. When I stand by the counter cooking I need to stop and move to allow someone to throw something out.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 1:09 pm
We opted not to do a pullout because it's so hard to clean. Instead, I have a garbage can in the cabinet under each sink. I find it very convenient.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 2:14 pm
I don't like walking into a kitchen and not knowing where to throw the garbage ... plus who needs a smelly cabinet
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen