Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
NJ Unemployment information

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 10:16 am
Working somewhere for just about 5 months and about to lose my job. Wondering if anyone can help me navigate unemployment information in NJ?

egam

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:25 am
Unemployment depends on many factors, not just length of employment. Did you work anywhere before this job? How much money did you make in each quarter? This all is taken into account. Once you lose your job (hopefully you will not), apply online right away and see what happens.
Good luck.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:29 am
How can I see this information that you are mentioning online somewhere without actually applying?

egam

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:47 am
That I'm not sure. Try searching for NJ unemployment eligibility requirements, but I knew someone who got unemployment after little over then 4 months into a job, because he made enough money to qualify. I knew quarterly amount needed at some point, but don't remember it and don't want to mislead you.

leah233

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 12:05 pm
amother wrote:
How can I see this information that you are mentioning online somewhere without actually applying?

see this link

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/lab......html

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 12:09 pm
As ther poster stated, eligibility and amount paid is based on quarterly employment and earnings for PAST quarters.

For most people, this is irrelevant as they were employed for at least a year and their base earnings were pretty much the same for the quarters used for calculation.

If yiu just started working five months ago, you might not be eligible because yiu didn't work in the quarters necessary for eligibility.

Yiu can look up NJ unemployment on line but yiu probably should speak to a rep if you weren't fully employed for at least a year.

If you sense yiu are getting fired,chest to put energy into getting resume in order and sending it out and letting your network know yu are in the market.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics