Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Rafting down Delaware

momtra

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 3:09 pm
Anyone have a specific place that they were happy with to go rafting down the Delaware. Near northern NJ?

little neshamala

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 3:41 pm
Yes. Google Silver Canoe rafting

bk

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 4:58 pm
I'm also looking to go rafting - did you go to this place yourself?
Is it white water rafting or more like lazy rafting without any waves/rapids?

Is it more 'fun' then canoeing or kayaking?

Any other places/ideas?

Thank you!

little neshamala

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 5:24 pm
Yes, we've used this place twice. Very enjoyable. Its not white water rafting, much of the way is lazy drifting, however there are areas of rapids, and depending on how full the river is, they may be more or less rapid-y. I do remember one year one part was really churning. Very fun. They let you bring whatever you want on the raft like a cooler of food or whatever, and you can pull over to the side by some spots to picnic, or just eat on the raft as you drift.
We like rafting better vs canoeing or kayaking because it holds more people so we are a fun group on one raft, and also its a lot lighter so its less strain on the muscles. A canoe is heavy and really requires concentration and work. A kayak is not heavy but requires more skill to navigate and will only hold 1-2 people.
Totally recomend it, so much fun. If you come with a huge group that needs more than one raft you can bring rope to tie the rafts together if you like.
Have fun!

Kumphort

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 5:59 pm
What age group would u recommend this for? What's the youngest age child you would take

little neshamala

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 6:50 pm
Depends on the maturity of the child. This place allows children 30 lb and up. I took my 4.5 yr old daughter, who is mature and can be trusted to listen to instructions (sit down for this part, dont stick your paddle out, keep the life jacket on). If my 3 year old would be like that id take him too. But hes not. Lol. It takes a couple of hours and I know he would get antsy after 1...I have seen familes with much younger kids who said it worked out, but u really need to know your child and how they'd react to being on a raft/riverbank for a couple of hours and listening to quick directions if need be. the good thing about a raft for kids is that theyre not glued to one seat the whole time. You switch places, kinda move around the raft....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics