Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How often and how much does your tuition get increased?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 10:47 pm
I am looking for responses specifically for a mainstream bais Yaakov school in Brooklyn or Lakewood.
What grades does tuition get increased and at what increment?

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 10:51 pm
Every year around $200-300 per year in both my sons' and daughters' school.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:01 pm
cnc wrote:
Every year around $200-300 per year in both my sons' and daughters' school.

Wow! That seems like a lot. I was under the impression that at a certain point for a few years it stays the same. Like from 2 -5 or 6 grade. Hours are the same, no departmental yet, same extracurricular (which is an extra charge anyway).
I am really surprised.
Would love to hear from others please.

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
Wow! That seems like a lot. I was under the impression that at a certain point for a few years it stays the same. Like from 2 -5 or 6 grade. Hours are the same, no departmental yet, same extracurricular (which is an extra charge anyway).
I am really surprised.
Would love to hear from others please.

I have experienced that while yes, certain grades stay the same, the overall tuition still raises every year. For example if grades 3, 4, & 5 are $8000 in the tuition schedule, after one year grades 3, 4, & 5 will be $8200 and the next year they'll say all three grades are $8500.

I sent to one school that actually kept the same tuition for a few years, but that was the exception rather than the rule.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:32 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I have experienced that while yes, certain grades stay the same, the overall tuition still raises every year. For example if grades 3, 4, & 5 are $8000 in the tuition schedule, after one year grades 3, 4, & 5 will be $8200 and the next year they'll say all three grades are $8500.

I sent to one school that actually kept the same tuition for a few years, but that was the exception rather than the rule.

So if you have a child in grade 3 and are paying $8000, the next year the board (or whoever arranges tuition in your school) decides to raise tuition for grades 3,4, and 5 to $8200 then for your child in 4 grade you have to pay $8200? Or is that only new students?

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:
So if you have a child in grade 3 and are paying $8000, the next year the board (or whoever arranges tuition in your school) decides to raise tuition for grades 3,4, and 5 to $8200 then for your child in 4 grade you have to pay $8200? Or is that only new students?

I've never sent to any schools that distinguish between new and existing students.

I think there are schools out there that rarely raise the overall tuition; I know of one school that many of my friends send to that has stayed the same for years. This just hasn't been my personal experience.

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:54 pm
I have a feeling that everyone in the schools that I send to starts out with the same base tuition the first year. ( example- Nursery is 6k. The next year another $250 is added on to your contract. The following year another $200 is added on and so forth.)

Even if someone started sending to the school 5 years after I did , they are still paying 6k their first year.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 11:31 pm
cnc wrote:
I have a feeling that everyone in the schools that I send to starts out with the same base tuition the first year. ( example- Nursery is 6k. The next year another $250 is added on to your contract. The following year another $200 is added on and so forth.)

Even if someone started sending to the school 5 years after I did , they are still paying 6k their first year.

Thanks.
Is there a point in time when the contract stays the same for a few years or every year it increases? I mean for the same kid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics