Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Car seats in Israel

rowo

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 11:18 am
We are iyh travelling to Israel at the end of the year. I've tried looking it up but I can't find the info I'm looking for. So I'm hoping someone here can help Smile
Which cars seat regulations does Israel follow? Do they follow American or European manufacturing guidelines? Or something else?
I'm trying to figure out if I would need to buy/borrow one for our trip.

Also, are there any places that rent out car seats in Israel?

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 11:46 am
Places that rent cars rent car seats for their cars. I don't know if they just rent car seats.

I wouldn't worry so much about the regulations. I would think if you're bringing your car seat from home, it would be fine.

I have one car seat that I bought here and one that I brought from America. We don't have a car, but we used to sometimes rent one, and you need a car seat coming home from giving birth so we just got our own. I never really thought to find out if the one I brought from America met any kind of Israeli regulations or the one I bought here for that matter.

Considering the amount of kids that are riding in cars not even buckled in, let alone in car seats, I'd say, as long as you have a functional car seat that passes either American or European regulations, you wouldn't have anything to worry about using it here.

And if you do want to buy one here, most stores that sell strollers, cribs, etc. also sell car seats.

EBY

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 1:03 pm
Israel follows european regulations but American car seats are legal here. You can rent car seats from Yad Sarah and there are gemachs but I don't have any specific names. If you really care and you are renting you should make sure there is a five point harness. Most Israelis get car seats with a three point harness.

aquad

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 1:55 pm
Israel follows European guidelines, and so use ISOFIX. US guidelines use LATCH. Your American carseat will work fine in Israel.
However, the law in the US since 1996 is that all seat belts need to automatically lock (when you pull the seatbelt all the way out, and then slowly feed it back in, you can't pull it back out). European/Israeli cars have no such law. So if your US carseat does not have a dedicated lock-off, you will need to use a locking clip (https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Seat-Belt-Locking-Clip/dp/B004XJ0EF0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471974646&sr=8-2&keywords=locking+clip) when taking cabs or renting a car.

See this for more information: http://www.carseatsite.com/lockingclips.htm

rowo

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 6:16 pm
Amazing! Thanks so much for this information Smile

Miri7

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 8:04 pm
In my experience the car seats from the rental agencies Israel are a joke. I would bring my own
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions