Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Lakewood, Jackson bus passes
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

sky

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 10:22 am
My girls school asked parents to pay it when picking up the passes. I'm not sure if my boys did.

What I meant was if parents were bragging that they didn't pay. I wonder if some schools will cover the cost?

In the mean time the bus showed up 1 hour late. Meaning the girls are going to be in school today for 1 1/2 hours.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 10:51 pm
Rabbi kanarek did not charge his schools any money he just handed out eh bus passes for free.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
Rabbi kanarek did not charge his schools any money he just handed out eh bus passes for free.

My children attend one of his schools. They didn't hand them out for free, the lsta will be sending a bill to anyone who is non mandated for bussing

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 11:05 pm
No he said to pick them up then he said not to paY..

You
Send to one of his schools or to Tehilas Chaya Sara?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:

Is he personally paying for it or are his schools somehow being exempt from it? I don't think it's fair that some people should pay and some should not.....

dietcokeaddict

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:16 pm
Does anyone else still not have busing? My sons' entire yeshiva does not have afternoon busing and our morning route wasn't picked up by any vendor.
The traffic in this town has gotten insane.

If you see bits of my mind along the nine, please return asap, I am losing it sloooowly...
At wits end

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:25 pm
None of my kids have bussing yet at all

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:29 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Is he personally paying for it or are his schools somehow being exempt from it? I don't think it's fair that some people should pay and some should not.....

My boys attend one of his yeshivos. When we went to pick up the passes the night before school started, they didn't know who was non mandated and had to pay and who was mandated and did not have to pay, so they said not to pay and lsta will send a bill to the non mandated students

mommyla

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:39 pm
dietcokeaddict wrote:
Does anyone else still not have busing? My sons' entire yeshiva does not have afternoon busing and our morning route wasn't picked up by any vendor.
The traffic in this town has gotten insane.

If you see bits of my mind along the nine, please return asap, I am losing it sloooowly...
At wits end

LOL I have one way, b"H. Getting there... This isn't any different than last year when we didn't have bussing for quite a while (and yes, we're mandated). Something about our route seems to turn off the bus companies!

dietcokeaddict

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 12:16 am
It's worse than last year I think, judging from the traffic in the school areas at pickup and dropoff times.
I rly don't get what's so complicated. I grew up in Brooklyn. Thousands of frum kids going to private schools just like here. And I don't ever remember not having a bus because no vendor wanted my route or my pickup time was wrong...

sky

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 12:09 pm
dietcokeaddict wrote:
It's worse than last year I think, judging from the traffic in the school areas at pickup and dropoff times.
I rly don't get what's so complicated. I grew up in Brooklyn. Thousands of frum kids going to private schools just like here. And I don't ever remember not having a bus because no vendor wanted my route or my pickup time was wrong...

lakewood doesn't treat its vendors nicely.

Durham a national brand pulled out of Lakewood becasue the township tried cancelling its contract mid year. It doesn't want to come back.

its also a money issue. I don't know how many non public school kids there are in NY, I'm assuming a lot. In Lakewood there are very few, less then private. It messes up the amount of money allocated for bussing. Also, legally in Lakewood if you live within 2 miles of school they don't have to give bussing, so its something they try to pull every year, which makes the routes not biddable every year until the last minute so vendors get jobs elsewhere or don't hire as many drivers because they don't think they can pay them.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 12:19 pm
Legally if you live within two miles of school but the child has to cross a major intersection which the nine is considered then the child gets bussing. So yes legally most kids qualify for bussing because they have to cross the nine and that's a very dangerous highway.

The problem is that Lakewood is run by Jewish people and when there's money and Jewish people someone's pockets are always being lined.

If you do math the amount of
Only they have doesn't add up. Where is all the tax money going to?

Every town house going up taxes are over $10,000 a year multiply that by 80 town homes in such a tiny area that say in Monsey are only five homes. The amount we all spend in taxes where is that money going to?

amother
Black

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 12:31 pm
amother wrote:
Legally if you live within two miles of school but the child has to cross a major intersection which the nine is considered then the child gets bussing. So yes legally most kids qualify for bussing because they have to cross the nine and that's a very dangerous highway.

The problem is that Lakewood is run by Jewish people and when there's money and Jewish people someone's pockets are always being lined.

If you do math the amount of
Only they have doesn't add up. Where is all the tax money going to?

Every town house going up taxes are over $10,000 a year multiply that by 80 town homes in such a tiny area that say in Monsey are only five homes. The amount we all spend in taxes where is that money going to?

Not true. That is called courtesy busing

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 1:32 pm
I don't have bussing for my kids yet.

Some of my kids have to walk and since there are no lights, no sidewalks and thousands of cars it is very dangerous. To top it off they do construction during the time the kids walk to school so cars are now driving on the shoulder so it is even worse.

Pure craziness, we will just keep voting in the same people in this town and their cronies are happy but the rest of us are just paying high taxes.

sky

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 1:54 pm
Busy streets and no crossing guards and county highways does not entitle anyone to bussing in Lakewood.

.5 miles from school = no bussing

2 miles from school (2.5 miles for highschool) = courtesy bussing - not guaranteed.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:57 pm
The system isn't normal. It's completely unsafe for almost anyone to walk. I nearly hit a kid biking to school on the nine today.
And I'm sorry, if anything, less PS kids should mean more tax money for busing, not less.

sky

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
And I'm sorry, if anything, less PS kids should mean more tax money for busing, not less.

Not based on existing formulas. It has something to do that Lakewood gets its share of NJ money based on how many kids are in public school. The formula is broken for this city because of the numbers.

NJ as a whole has in insane property taxes. They are famous for it.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 12:08 pm
Ah for the simpler days when the girls and boys went on the bus together. Who remembers the Cheder bus? Very Happy

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:54 am
I'm wondering if others have been asked to pay $150 for the non-mandatory busing. I was charged this amount by BK, but haven't heard from BF yet. Curious.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:18 pm
I remember the cheder bus, girls and boys, The good old days.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics