Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Lakewood, Jackson bus passes
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

L K

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 5:32 am
amother wrote:
yeah we also really have to move eventually, but the bussing sit is keeping us from looking outside of Lakewood borders. We both work full time so carpool would be impossible.

We were using the same reasoning, however with an additional fact that last year many routes had no buses, so practically we could have stayed in Lakewood and have to drive an unknown number of routes in the end, like parents of some other kids had to do last year.

Or we could take the plunge and try to work out the situation with the school and other parents if the need arises. Last year, some of the Jackson/west gate/forest park and other routes in our schools were not picked up. The parents or school ended up organizing vans for the kids.

I just recently thought that if there are going to be 15-20 Jackson families in each school with the same, that's prob enough to come together and try to figure out the solution in an efficient way.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 5:39 am
Last year my teens did not have busing all year. And I live in the heart of Lakewood. I drove them to the nearest stop to me, rather than drive all the way to their high school, every single day twice.....

L K

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 5:48 am
Chayalle wrote:
Last year my teens did not have busing all year. And I live in the heart of Lakewood. I drove them to the nearest stop to me, rather than drive all the way to their high school, every single day twice.....

What about pickup? You never know what time the bus is coming. Plus it's a problem if you have to be in a diff place at the time bus arrives, like wait at home for the kids that do have busing. Or if you have to drive to the nearest stop with other kids.

Oh, and even morning drop off would be a problem for me if other kids are staying home waiting for their buses, and you have to drive one kid elsewhere. And sometimes sit in the car with her till the bus comes.

sourstix

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 6:10 am
the whole busing situation is so ridiculous. I hope things work out in the end. hang in there.

why dont the schools just buy their own buses and do it alone? like most schools in brooklyn. most schools have their own buses.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 6:20 am
L K wrote:
What about pickup? You never know what time the bus is coming. Plus it's a problem if you have to be in a diff place at the time bus arrives, like wait at home for the kids that do have busing. Or if you have to drive to the nearest stop with other kids.

Oh, and even morning drop off would be a problem for me if other kids are staying home waiting for their buses, and you have to drive one kid elsewhere. And sometimes sit in the car with her till the bus comes.

yeah, last year I did homework with my 8-year-old in the car, waiting for her big sisters' bus. We also had a song we would sing whenever the bus was late.....We did shopping lists and sewed buttons on shirts, and needlepoint in desperation.

L K

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 8:28 am
Chayalle wrote:
yeah, last year I did homework with my 8-year-old in the car, waiting for her big sisters' bus. We also had a song we would sing whenever the bus was late.....We did shopping lists and sewed buttons on shirts, and needlepoint in desperation.

lol chayalle, maybe I should look into rv's, so we have a bathroom on board in addition to some wholesome entertainment. I may as well cook supper while waiting for all buses to arrive. Hmmm, now that's an idea!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 02 2016, 9:14 am
You're not kidding! I learned to remind DD to use the bathroom before we left.....and to leave anything cooking on a low flame, so the soup doesn't cook out (time the bus was 20 minutes late....)

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 9:18 pm
What's doing with bussing in Lakewood I read on Lakewood scoop that one school delayed opening how do I know if it's my Childs school.

Also no one is having bussing on Wednesday?

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 9:25 pm
amother wrote:
What's doing with bussing in Lakewood I read on Lakewood scoop that one school delayed opening how do I know if it's my Childs school.

Also no one is having bussing on Wednesday?

I know Bnos Brocha isn't having school on Wednesday because of the bussing. I'm sure if it was your child's school they would let you know.

One of my kids' schools left us a message tonight that they are having bussing on Wednesday, it sounds like they set up their own bussing, but they weren't clear.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Sep 05 2016, 9:51 pm
I just found out that I have to pay $150 per child for bussing. Let's just add this to our beginning of the year expense times by five kids.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 6:08 am
amother wrote:
I just found out that I have to pay $150 per child for bussing. Let's just add this to our beginning of the year expense times by five kids.

Who told you this? What is it based on? Is it because you live too close to the school? Is it for everyone in your school? I read somewhere that people may have to pay, but they weren't clear about who or why.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 6:36 am
glutenless wrote:
Who told you this? What is it based on? Is it because you live too close to the school? Is it for everyone in your school? I read somewhere that people may have to pay, but they weren't clear about who or why.

BK sent a letter saying that there will be a "minimal" fee for non-mandated students for costs toward getting busing. I saw the 100-150 amount on the lakewood scoop. Having not had transportation last year, I don't plan to pay a dime unless I actually get something for my money this year.

sky

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 6:57 am
$150\child\year for all non-mandated children. (.5 miles - 2\2.5 miles to school)
Plus the routes are going to be longer, more kids, less stops, doubling up schools on same bus.
I believe they said if mandated students don't get busing they will get $886 voucher. Not guaranteeing busing for everyone. If you are non mandated there is no reimbursement.

Anyone living less than .5 miles to school is not getting busing.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 9:57 am
My sons started mesivta this morning without bussing of course. I saw tons of mothers with carloads of bachurim on the road at 7:30-8 today.

Here we go...

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 11:06 am
A miracle has occurred....looks like my girls may have busing this year.

sky

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 11:18 am
Officially both my kid's schools already had their routes bid on already b'h (heard it can take until 2 more weeks until all routes that will be taken will be bid on). Hopefully actual buses will show up. (Last year routes were created but no one ever bid on the routes until a month later).

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 11:44 am
Chayalle wrote:
BK sent a letter saying that there will be a "minimal" fee for non-mandated students for costs toward getting busing. I saw the 100-150 amount on the lakewood scoop. Having not had transportation last year, I don't plan to pay a dime unless I actually get something for my money this year.

I knew I read it somewhere Wink

Just got a message from another one of my schools that they have bussing. Two down, one to go. I keep praying.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 5:00 pm
Anyone have the email address of the new bussing board? I got my kids bus passes and my neighbor added a stop in front of her house so they took away the legal stop and put everyone by her house. Makes no sense.

I know I'm that audio il they said the email address but I don't want to Lauren to the whole audio again.

sky

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 5:05 pm
info@lakewoodsta.org

Its weird because my stop is at my address and there are other kids in the neighborhood. Not sure if its a mistake or they wanted to use addresses instead of corners to simplify locations (were I live we have 2 cross streets that repeat - one block is a loop and hits the same street again about 10 blocks later) The bus driver always messes up that corner so they switched it to a physical address a few years ago (which the bus drivers still refuse to stop at).

L K

Post Tue, Sep 06 2016, 8:38 pm
congrats to all those who are going to have busing!
sincerely happy for you (plus less congestion on the roads for the rest of the folks Twisted Evil )
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics