Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Can't believe manager leaving

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 3:07 pm
Just found out that my most amazing manager is leaving shortly
Work was so exciting, stable and fulfilling with him
Can't imagine work without him- things can turn disastrous
It's really hard and shocking

purpleonion

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:20 pm
amother wrote:
Just found out that my most amazing manager is leaving shortly
Work was so exciting, stable and fulfilling with him
Can't imagine work without him- things can turn disastrous
It's really hard and shocking

I can totally relate - had this twice .
It's going to be hard , but you'll get over it . It won't last forever .
Totally normal to feel this way - I really get you on this

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:34 pm
I commiserate.

Three times I was hired by amazing people with whom I had a great relationship and then they were replaced or promoted and the new person made my life miserable.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:38 pm
Amarante wrote:
I commiserate.

Three times I was hired by amazing people with whom I had a great relationship and then they were replaced or promoted and the new person made my life miserable.

Maybe OP can head this off by being gracious to the new person and going out of her way not to make him or her feel like they need to prove themselves.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 4:43 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Maybe OP can head this off by being gracious to the new person and going out of her way not to make him or her feel like they need to prove themselves.

It's not inevitable to have bad luck.

Unfortunately I was hired by very bright secure people and they were replaced by insecure ones. I went out of my way to be helpful but it actually only made it worse as it increased their insecurity Surprised

As I said, it's not always the case as my situation was working in relatively small departments and two of my managers who were replaced were women replaced by men. The men probably would not have hired me as they would have preferred a white guy who they could "share" with.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 5:39 pm
My friend is going through this now... she's thinking of leaving along with him bec she's afraid the environment will change drastically.
Hugs.
It's all for the best!
Maybe you'll even get a raise!

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 5:49 pm
Thanks all for sympathizing. Yes this is very hard as for such a long time we had the nicest thing going and now who knows what will be and which insecure immature jerks will replace him. I've seen too much and it's very unsettling. I won't get raise til January when my contract is renewed and I'm also thinking its time to move on now as have no strength to do this without him and deal with new ppl.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 7:52 am
As my sainted late mother used to say, If you borrow trouble, you get to keep it for free. So your current manager was G-d's gift to workingkind--why are you assuming, sight unseen, that the replacement will be an unmitigated disaster? Why not assume that your new manager will be just as wonderful?

No doubt he or she will make some changes, but change is neutral in and of itself. Adjusting to a new person with new ways will force YOU to grow more flexible, possibly even grow. Sounds to me as if you're too much in your comfort zone to be all you can be if the thought of new management makes you want to leave, before the new management has even been selected, much less installed.

And I cannot believe how many posters have not only not encouraged you to be optimistic but have reinforced your unwarranted negativity. Shame on you all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics