Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bat mitzvah ideas

perquacky

Post Sat, Aug 27 2016, 9:24 pm
DD doesn't want us to hire a dj or a woman to organize dancing with the girls. So I'm looking for a good alternative to the traditional entertainment to keep 50+ girls occupied for a while. The party will be held outdoors in our backyard/driveway/cul de sac. Any suggestions?

12rivkyk34

Post Sat, Aug 27 2016, 10:56 pm
Some ideas...Maybe The Beadery who does jewelry making or one of the art places that teaches the girls to make art on a canvas? There's a place Rivky's Art but I don't know where you are located. There are also airbrush companies that come and make cute sweatshirts or tees for the girls with their names on it. I hear the girls enjoy that. You can do a photo booth where the girls go in with cute hats and glasses and get a print out of their photos- the girls love it. I know many home cake or cookie companies will do a demo for the girls and they can take home their confections if your daughter likes baking. One of my friends bought challah dough and each girl got a pan with eggs/ sesame seeds/ aprons and they learned to make a 6 braid and brought home the challah. The bas mitzvah girl got to make a bracha on the dough for the first time which is nice. Really any activity is nice and just adds to the special occasion.
Mazal Tov!

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 6:43 am
Do you want to hire someone? Or DIY ideas? You can buy beads on ebay and the girls can make bracelets or earrings. Or many other a+c ideas you can do - browse some shops or online for ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics