Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Granola bars and more!

AZmom09

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 3:45 pm
Not sure you remember me but I used to have a blog called nowaythatshealthy.
Well now I just started a FREE digital magazine for the jewish woman called Bayis and it features my recipes and much more! I hope you check it out Wink
Anyway here is the awesome granola bar recipe from there. Hope you try them as they are amazing. My family can attest to that- I made tons and tons of batches when recipe testing lol
from http://bayismagazine.com/2016/.....bars/
See link for pic of them too
INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup quick oats
½ cup sliced almonds
1 cup brown rice crispies
INSTRUCTIONS
Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper.
Combine all dry ingredients, except for the rice crispies, in a bowl. Set aside.
In a saucepan combine the coconut oil and honey. Bring to medium high heat and allow to boil. It will begin to bubble a lot. Lower heat and let bubble for about 2 minutes, then add in vanilla. Pour in the dry ingredients. Stir to coat everything while on medium heat. Remove from heat and mix in the rice crispies.
Pour mixture into the lined pan. Put another piece of the parchment paper over the pan and press down. Do this for a little while till you are sure it is tightly compact.
Place in fridge overnight or freezer for 15 minutes then cut into 10 bars.
NOTES
These hold together best when cold. Therefore eat right out of fridge, or you can store them in the freezer and take them to go so they will hold together when eaten later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking