Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Getting newborn to sleep, and stay sleeping
Previous  1  2

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 8:50 am
My baby is about 10 weeks. B"h finally getting some sleep. From about 6am I fed every three hours until midnight - waking Baby up if need be ( and did need to a lot Because it took ages to settle him after a feed)
After a bit woke up at 3. Then 4....
The last two feeds I clustered together (maybe 2 hours).
I did this by most of my kids. Some slept at night earlier than others.

mommy1and3

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:27 am
amother wrote:
My baby is about 10 weeks. B"h finally getting some sleep. From about 6am I fed every three hours until midnight - waking Baby up if need be ( and did need to a lot Because it took ages to settle him after a feed)
After a bit woke up at 3. Then 4....
The last two feeds I clustered together (maybe 2 hours).
I did this by most of my kids. Some slept at night earlier than others.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I tried waking during the day but he nursed falling asleep in the middle and then he just doesn't go back to sleep, at night I bathed, nursed him and then even gave a bottle by the next feeding but I was literally up all night he just didn't settle down, only towards morning I fed him and just let him lay in my bed next to me that's how he slept for two hours, in morning when I fed him and gently put over to infant senator crib or carriage he was up within 10 minutes . Bh I'm blessed just I need to sleep at night.

chanitroy

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:38 am
I strongly recommend reading the baby whisperer solves all your problems. She gives amazing tools for understanding your baby. From what ive learned sounds like your baby may have a slight switch with days and nights. Using the shush pat method to lull him back to sleep and being persistent about it for a few days, it should get better sooner than later.
Shush pat is a certain method of putting babies to sleep, which does not have them become dependant on rocking, nursing, laying on you... Ect (sleep props- as she calls them). First of all they must be prepared for sleep with the 5 S's 1) set the environment (dark room, tone down stimulation a few minutes before) 2)swaddle 3) suck (pacifier-not nursing) 4) sit (hold them upright over shoulder for a few minutes in the dark room before laying them down, so they become veeeery relaxed) 5) shush pat ( lay them down, saying shhhhhh very loud and ling (like faucet running), patting in a strong. rythmic pattern,(as each pat is once a second), do this for 10-20 minutes till they are in a deep sleep. Adter a week fo doing this baby should be able to be swaddled and layed down and will fall asleep on their own! Its awesome having a baby that can fall asleep on their own. Obviously babies go through ups and downs and changes, sometimes you need to reteach how to go to sleep. The book I mentioned above teaches you how to do so for every stage of babys first 2 years. Good luck!

mommy1and3

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:41 am
chanitroy wrote:
I strongly recommend reading the baby whisperer solves all your problems. She gives amazing tools for understanding your baby. From what ive learned sounds like your baby may have a slight switch with days and nights. Using the shush pat method to lull him back to sleep and being persistent about it for a few days, it should get better sooner than later.
Shush pat is a certain method of putting babies to sleep, which does not have them become dependant on rocking, nursing, laying on you... Ect (sleep props- as she calls them). First of all they must be prepared for sleep with the 5 S's 1) set the environment (dark room, tone down stimulation a few minutes before) 2)swaddle 3) suck (pacifier-not nursing) 4) sit (hold them upright over shoulder for a few minutes in the dark room before laying them down, so they become veeeery relaxed) 5) shush pat ( lay them down, saying shhhhhh very loud and ling (like faucet running), patting in a strong. rythmic pattern,(as each pat is once a second), do this for 10-20 minutes till they are in a deep sleep. Adter a week fo doing this baby should be able to be swaddled and layed down and will fall asleep on their own! Its awesome having a baby that can fall asleep on their own. Obviously babies go through ups and downs and changes, sometimes you need to reteach how to go to sleep. The book I mentioned above teaches you how to do so for every stage of babys first 2 years. Good luck!

Thanks so much I'm going to try to get the book, what is the name of the author?

chanitroy

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 12:03 pm
Tracy hogg . make sure you get the second book, her first one is just called baby whisperer and is good but doesnt give enough practical troubleshooting. The second book called "baby whisperer solves all your problems by teaching you how to ask the right questions" is much more full of very practical what to do for every age.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 1:58 am
chanitroy wrote:
Tracy hogg . make sure you get the second book, her first one is just called baby whisperer and is good but doesnt give enough practical troubleshooting. The second book called "baby whisperer solves all your problems by teaching you how to ask the right questions" is much more full of very prm
actical what to do for every age.

I ordered the second book but will it also teach me the method?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics