Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is it crazy if I get different dishwashers for dairy/meat?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:35 am
Is it crazy if I get different dairy and meat dishwashers? They'll both be stainless steel but they won't look the same. Different companies. I would get a cheaper one for dairy and more expensive for meat.
Thoughts?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:38 am
Not at all! I'm very happy for you.
I have a friend who bought a new townhouse. Most people opted for 2 ovens and one dishwasher if they bought while under construction. She got one oven and 2 dishwashers.

Seas

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:39 am
Why do you think it would be crazy?

We have two, though I don't think I've actually ever used the milchig one. TBH we hardly even use the fleishig one, but it's good to have.

cnc

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:40 am
My parents have 2 dishwashers. One for meat and one for dairy. It's the best thing.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:41 am
If your kitchen is very matchy-matchy, you may want the same brand and look of DW for both. Also if they're close to each other. Otherwise, no, it doesn't matter.

I hope both will do a good job of washing dishes...why do you need a more expensive DW for fleishik?

asmileaday

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:42 am
Not crazy at all. If you have the space go for it!

amother
Cobalt

Not crazy at all. That's a major thing in my new kitchen, a second dishwasher so I can use my milchig dishes again Very Happy

amother
Coffee

we have two dishwashers and we use both A LOT.

peekaboo

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:43 am
My parents also have 2. Its a great time saver

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:45 am
I think the OP is asking whether her 2 dishwashers should match each other in looks, not whether she should get a second DW.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:51 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I think the OP is asking whether her 2 dishwashers should match each other in looks, not whether she should get a second DW.

Yes, this is what I'm asking.
I'm definitely getting two. The question is whether I can go with a cheaper one and more expensive one, or if that will look funny and I need to get both the same.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:53 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
If your kitchen is very matchy-matchy, you may want the same brand and look of DW for both. Also if they're close to each other. Otherwise, no, it doesn't matter.

I hope both will do a good job of washing dishes...why do you need a more expensive DW for fleishik?

My kitchen is just a kitchen- I wouldn't call it matchy matchy, but it's very symmetrical. White cabinets, matching faucets...
My fleishig dishes have a lot harder to remove substances (think meatballs, cholent) so I would want a stronger, better dishwasher for them. My dairy dishes are easy to wash.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 8:59 am
What DW are you considering for fleishik?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:02 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
What DW are you considering for fleishik?

I think it was the Bosch. And the may tag for dairy. I could be wrong though.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:08 am
Do you know which model? I own a low end Bosch and would not recommend it. But their higher line models get good reviews.

Kugglegirl

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:12 am
I have 2.

Not crazy-- 2 dish washers promotes sanity.

The dairy runs 2-3 x per week. I would not skimp on the dairy one, if you can get the same.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 9:45 am
If you're crazy, then I want to join you. You're living my dream!

Raisin

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:07 am
I have 2 different brands. bosch for dairy and siemens for meat. Both white. It would nevery have occurred to me that they need to match. I would not get the same because you might mix up the racks, especially the removable cutlery rack. my siemens actually has 3 drawers, the top one is very shallow and for cutlery and I would NOT recommend this feature. Its a pain to load, does not improve cleanliness outcome, and makes the next shelf down too shallow for tall glasses.

I run my dairy dishwasher every day. We eat dairy cereal and lunch every day. Meat one gets used a lot after shabbos and then a couple more times in the week.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 10:11 am
I dunno. How different do they look? I like symmetry and it would bother me if they looked very different. But if they were similar and just slightly different it could be ok.

Who am I kidding, I'd be so thrilled with 2 dishwashers that even if the asymmetry bothered me a little I wouldn't care lol.

dinatov

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 11:06 am
Go for it! This is a normal and accepted thing to do and will make your life much easier! Enjoy!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics